Sakakawea Outlook 2022?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ya I've never not really had one, we are heading into uncharted waters here. No point in keeping one if a person pretty much can't physically use it anymore though. I get er unhooked in the garage after a long day and then have to figure out how to get up stairs into the house cuz im paralyzed from a blown out back. Juice isn't worth the squeeze anymore. Can't move batteries around anymore cuz that paralyze me for days on end, all just a joke anymore. We are one bad sneeze away from a wheelchair.
Makes sense, sorry to hear that. Guessing we will all hit that sooner or later. My neighbor years back sold his too, went over and visited with him asking what he was buying next, and he teared up a bit and said he was no longer a fisherman, as he cant physically do it anymore.

Weekender

★★★ Legendary Member
Does anyone have reports on boat ramp access on the East end of Sak? Wondering what ramps are usable, I'm assuming there is still snow causing issues. Are any docks in?

honkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was at Ziegler’s and west Douglas bay ramp yesterday. No docks yet at those. The west Douglas ramp has a fair amount of snow and lots of mud.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
The latest snow, and the upcoming rain, isn't likely to do much for our large reservoirs. We need most of that to happen in Montana, not so much in NoDak. Yes, there will be a rise of 2" into Sakakawea, but don't call out the band to go marching down the street. The projected 1,832msl remains in tact. I'd be one of thousands of happy campers even reaching 1,834msl at this point, which is still 3-1/2 feet below minimum.

Normal winter pool elevation = 1,837.50

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
With all the snow and rain we received so far I was expecting this Mighty Mouse to be roaring pretty good.

But it’s not, actually has gone down the last couple days. Ground is soaking it up.

Motor Mouse

Founding Member
Founding Member
user-online.png

Ultimate VIP Member
Blue_Glow_Forum_Ranks_Ultimate_vip.png

No Current Status

Mood:
wtf.png

reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
Join DateMay 2015LocationMinotPosts3,598NDA Points177,647NDA Level100Report Entries22
Thumbs Up
Received: 4,757
Given: 11,169

With all the snow and rain we received so far I was expecting this Mighty Mouse to be roaring pretty good.

But it’s not, actually has gone down the last couple days. Ground is soaking it up.​

Agree. I live at Wolf creek we got a lot of snow the first storm and a lot of rain the second storm. The snow is now mostly gone except where there were drifts several feet high. And no water running! I believe it is mostly soaking into the ground…. That’s good I guess.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
The State is capping the size of boat motors this summer to just 20 horsepower. Anything bigger is kicking up too much dust.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 116
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69