What are you SHTF plans?

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Iffin' I'm still alive, I'll probably just harvest some of the 180 lb cattle that call my backyard "home"
20220310_231440.jpg

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll don a set of nitrile gloves and hose-offable rubber boots, unplug the fan, wait until it dries, then toss it on the top of the pile during clean-up week.

After that, I'll try to find out who put a fan in/near the pooping place and have a short and very direct conversation with them.

Then life will go on.

For the folks who're thinking about living out the real-life Mad Max, you're 1st and top-most priority had better be sustainable potable water. Absent that, you're sunk in under a week.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll don a set of nitrile gloves and hose-offable rubber boots, unplug the fan, wait until it dries, then toss it on the top of the pile during clean-up week.

After that, I'll try to find out who put a fan in/near the pooping place and have a short and very direct conversation with them.

Then life will go on.

For the folks who're thinking about living out the real-life Mad Max, you're 1st and top-most priority had better be sustainable potable water. Absent that, you're sunk in under a week.

Im thinking well water would be fine, river or standing waters not so much!

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Basement now looks like a supermarket with shelves of food. Munitions a plenty, and growing still. Final phase is to hoard water.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Basement now looks like a supermarket with shelves of food. Munitions a plenty, and growing still. Final phase is to hoard water.

You can't hoard enough water, you need a clean source, or at least a "cleanable" source that you can boil and/or filter the bugs out of.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
seeing the hording water statement made me laugh, cleaning out deceased parents and grand parents homes they all had glass 2 gallon jars full of water some with lids some with wax paper lids and lots of them.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can't hoard enough water, you need a clean source, or at least a "cleanable" source that you can boil and/or filter the bugs out of.

Ya we will never make er past impact anyways. We will beat bidens out o control inflation though. The more you spend now, the less you will have to later. Inflation on food projected to jump more and more.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
seeing the hording water statement made me laugh, cleaning out deceased parents and grand parents homes they all had glass 2 gallon jars full of water some with lids some with wax paper lids and lots of them.

Was that for drinking or rain-water saved from summer for watering plants all winter? My grandma always had rainwater stored in the basement that she used for watering plants over the winter.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Baden's advisors are doing a wonderful job, aren't they?

Afghanistan withdrawal plan = Tanked
Energy Policy = Thwarted miserably
Economic Policy = Everyone gets poor except the rich
COVID Policy = Few people belief anything they say
Homeland Security = 20k illegal aliens per day
Russia/Ukraine Deterrence Strategy = We have one other than sanctions on their oligarchs? It didn't deter shite!
Let China Produce Everything For Us = My truck is now worth more than when I purchased it three years ago

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Back in the 80's living near anchorage I helped build a couple Mormon bomb shelters in town,concrete under ground bunkers under homes,loaded with provision's two year supply minimum,I was told as part of they're religion for end of day's,one guy owned a chain of small grocery stores like 7-11's thru out anchorage so he had the best of foods,everything except a water now I'm thinking back,but it's possible he had a well.

BotnoJoe

Founding Member
Founding Member
will there be any warning if a hypersonic missile is used? think we have any shot at stopping one?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Picked up a 30 rack of Ice Cold Busch lights last night, and a few handles of whiskey. Should whether this storm, however iffn confused biden gets us entangled into a war, the whiskey wont be enough

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
will there be any warning if a hypersonic missile is used? think we have any shot at stopping one?
Depends on the speed, but I was listening to a podcast the other day that suggested it would take 30 minutes for a hyper to reach the US from the other side of the world. Of course we might not realize whats up until its nearing our shore... If russian hypers work as well as their traditional military equipment, I wouldnt count on it even making it here.

NodakBob

Honored Member
I read the hyper missiles travel at Mach 5...about 3600 mph. One hour has 3600 seconds, so about a mile a second. 30 minutes would then be an 1800 mile flight path. And at 5280 fps you wont see or hear it coming...kinda hard to shoot down with conventional defense weapons.

BotnoJoe

Founding Member
Founding Member
also less predictable flight path and could potentially be fired from a submarine (close). :;:help

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
I read the hyper missiles travel at Mach 5...about 3600 mph. One hour has 3600 seconds, so about a mile a second. 30 minutes would then be an 1800 mile flight path. And at 5280 fps you wont see or hear it coming...kinda hard to shoot down with conventional defense weapons.

Mach 5 is the minimum to be defined as hypersonic, they can and do go faster from what Ive heard. Honestly I havent researched it in any significant way...

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Please tell me the benefits of a bomb shelter with nuke fallout worldwide? Five days later the winner coming up outta the ground would win ___________ ? well, they might win Juan's Busch beer, but I'm thinking they'd have to find it first.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Please tell me the benefits of a bomb shelter with nuke fallout worldwide? Five days later the winner coming up outta the ground would win ___________ ? well, they might win Juan's Busch beer, but I'm thinking they'd have to find it first.

The winner will receive a generous amount of radiation poisoning that will make them wish they died on impact.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62