So, If gas hits 5 a gal this summer...

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stimulus my ass

RAISE those INTEREST RATES high as they can go.
Mortgage interest rates min 8%
Gas 6buck

I guarantee you will stop inflation now. It will hit the breaks so hard the I will fall off

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
$6 premium and $7.50 diesel will guarantee a red wave this fall, might be worth it just to neuter these clowns currently in the executive till we can get some replacements elected.[/QUOTE]

This is providing we can trust any election going forward. I'm with you on the change, but the system is broken and any election in the future will have a cloud of doubt.

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hopefully about 2 months or so when I have recovered from total knee replacement next week prices will be dropping or down but not holding my breath for that. Not much driving for me next 2 months while recovering from TNR, maybe good timing overall

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Don't worry fellas, D.C. is looking out for you:

Gasoline vouchers worth $300 a month? Some economists back new government aid as prices at the pump soar

Last Updated: March 10, 2022 at 9:25 a.m. ETFirst Published: March 9, 2022 at 2:56 p.m. ETBy Victor Reklaitis

As the Democratic party administration in Washington struggles to find effective ways to fight high inflation, some economists are calling for lawmakers to deliver new assistance for Americans dealing with high gasoline prices.
“If I were Dem leadership in the House, I’d bring forward a bill to give $50B gas price relief to low-income households and defy Republicans to vote against it,” said Ian Shepherdson, chief economist at Pantheon Macroeconomics, in a tweet on Tuesday.
Wouldn’t such spending add to inflation? Shepherdson pushed back after a critic suggested exactly that, with the economist saying it would not because a $50 billion outlay amounts to just 0.2% of U.S. GDP.
The average retail price for gasoline in the U.S. has soared to a record well above $4 a gallon, as Russian President Vladimir Putin’s war on Ukraine helps push energy prices RB00, -1.96% CL00, 0.57% higher and comes on top of a global inflationary surge.
Opinion: The price of gasoline isn’t really at a record high. In fact, the inflation-adjusted cost of driving a mile was higher for most of the past century
Also read: Oil prices pull back from nearly 14-year highs

Stuart Hoffman, a senior economic adviser at PNC, said Shepherdson’s proposal is a “great idea,” adding that Congress should look at gasoline vouchers for the Americans who qualified for stimulus checks through March 2020’s relief package.
Providing $2 or $3 per gallon of gas for those families could work out to $200 or $300 a month per family, assuming they typically pump 100 gallons each month into their cars, Hoffman said in a post on Twitter.
“Total cost of $100B for up to 6 months. Worth every penny to protect our freedom and our economy,” the PNC expert said, referring to gas vouchers. A PNC spokesman declined to make Hoffman available for an interview on Wednesday.
There’s a real chance for legislation that provides such vouchers given how gas prices have surged, said Greg Valliere, chief U.S. policy strategist at AGF Investments, in a note on Wednesday.
Tools for Investing Success

Understand how today’s business practices, market dynamics, tax policies and more impact you with real-time news and analysis from MarketWatch.

“There will be fierce resistance from the anti-fossil fuel activists, and the enormity of deficits is starting to sink in. But this is an election year, and consumers have been stunned by gasoline prices — a perfect storm, in our opinion, for rebates or vouchers,” Valliere wrote.
The AGF strategist noted that it’s possible for the voucher program to get set up so that unused vouchers “could be redeemed for cash at face value by the U.S. Treasury,” which would “incentivize eligible families to reduce their usage of gasoline.”
Republicans have made it clear that high prices will continue to be a key line of attack against the president and his fellow Democrats as November’s midterm elections approach.
“I know oil is an international market, but the main reason Americans are paying so much is bad domestic policies,” said House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, the California Republican, as he spoke Wednesday at a press conference. “These aren’t Putin prices. They’re President Biden’s prices.”
Now read: What can Biden and Congress do to fight inflation? ‘Simply not much of anything’
And: Republicans may win not just House but also Senate in midterm elections — here are 2022’s Senate races to watch
This report was first published on March 9, 2022.

Don't they realize that pumping all that newly printed money into the system is one of the key reasons for the inflation.
(Not talking the effect of war).

And "we" keep kicking the can down the road.

IMO a bunch of bozos. : )

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
The whole current administration reminds me of the story of the kindergartner that promises free ice cream to their classmates if their classmates vote for them. Instead of ice cream, we have $300 gas vouchers. LOL!! WHAT A GONG SHOW!!!!!

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm going to hazard a guess that like pretty much everything else in life, this too shall pass.

Also, food for thought here. But since most small to medium sized oil companies use hedges to secure funding for drilling, I'd guess that something around 50% of all oil produced in the U.S. is currently hedged for between $55-65. So just think of what fuel prices will be if this lasts long enough to get future hedges into the $90+ range. Bottom line is the refiners are making bank off of this!

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
98C85BD6-7009-4952-BDD2-0C83382DFF37.jpeg

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
The game and fish is busy trapping turkeys today. They use nets and trap them on hay stacks. They don’t mind the gas bill.

- - - Updated - - -

Trapping turkeys… is the ammo shortage that bad?….

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
They may be making money on $7 Corn, but I was speaking of simple supply and demand. If producers can't get fertilizer or have to pay 3 times the price for fertilizer, they won't plant Corn, or Wheat for that matter as both those crops require fairly substantial fertilizer inputs. I spoke to a really large producer and he said without cheaper fertilizer he will be increasing soybean acres and cutting corn and wheat acres. All I'm saying is that I don't think $7 corn or the $10 wheat prices we have now will hold for any length of time and IMO, will only go up.

We refer to it as “Kern” not corn. That is all.

Founding Member
Founding Member
My buddy is across the border in wester Manitoba. He called this morning to tell me gas was $8 a gallon there right now!

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Purchased a kayak last spring. And loved it. Guess ill be primarily using that all summer, and in closer waters from my place... Boat only seen water 1 time in 2021. Time to sell.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm probably going to fish the river a lot more. It's only a block a way and I can walk.

Otherwise probably skip most of open water season in favor of fall hunting.

If needed, I'll likely do fewer out-and-back hunting trips in lieu of longer 2-, 3-, or 4-day hunts in which I camp and stay close to the grounds.

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Don't give a fuck.

I'm Richhhhhhhhhhhh Bitchhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Congratulations.

"Rich" is often in the eye of the beholder.

I hope others have figured out how to invest profitably in light of these current economic conditions.
I "lucked" out and have made more money investing in oil in the last couple of months than I will ever spend on gas for the rest of our family's life.

And I don't consider myself "RIICCCCHHH!!" either.

Carry on . . .

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The game and fish is busy trapping turkeys today. They use nets and trap them on hay stacks. They don’t mind the gas bill.

- - - Updated - - -

Trapping turkeys… is the ammo shortage that bad?….

What's your point? Do you have one or just need something to complain about?

Why are they trapping them? Domestics getting mixed in that need killing? Trap and transport to create more opportunity elsewhere? Trapping nuisance birds off private property to move instead of just killing them? If it's for any of the reasons above, which is more than likely, I'll gladly pitch in fuel money.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Stimulus my ass

RAISE those INTEREST RATES high as they can go.
Mortgage interest rates min 8%
Gas 6buck

I guarantee you will stop inflation now. It will hit the breaks so hard the I will fall off

Late 70's,I remember prime interest rate hit 23%,had our country hanging on the ropes,gas hit a all time high at .44/gal,

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Late 70's,I remember prime interest rate hit 23%,had our country hanging on the ropes,gas hit a all time high at .44/gal,

IMO they can't let interest rates go much higher than they are at.
Imagine the number of businesses/govt that would default if they did.
All that easy money out there.

Economists/government sure have us backed into a hole on this.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 137
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 112
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 77