So, If gas hits 5 a gal this summer...

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Talk to agent at Nodak insurance. Said somewhere around $60-70000 in guns. Said full coverage under contents, replacement, i have of $249,000 for fire. Should have list and serial number which i have but need to store someplace besides house. $2,500 for theft but for $600 will have full coverage for theft. Need to consider but all rifles are either in safe or chain and cable to wall.

Older vehicles i have that are worth more than what book says (and that is the case with all now) i will need to have a discussion on that at the time with the adjuster and some kind of proof as to their value. db

Last edited:

GrandMasterGrinch

Have money set aside out of every paycheck that goes into a special savings account. That money is reserved only for fishing related items / trips. Any money I make from making fishing lures & supplies portion of it goes into the account. Never had an issue. Fishing and going out on the water are a priority. Need the time away from people.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I think the solution is to do what Jimmy Carter did to fix the gas prices and reduce all highway and interstate speeds to 55. He was really ahead of his time.

JK BTW.

LOL,PEANUT HEAD.... carter also closed gas stations on sunday's and shut down semi truck traffic on sundays.our first energy hic-up gas jumped to .44/gal in my town from .12/gal.

- - - Updated - - -

PS,my truck has been parked all winter,I have casts on my middle finger on both hands driving a little shit box honda everyday,ppl fuck with ya driving a car,even tho I get 35mpg's I want better,years ago chevrolet was in with suzuki,they had a independant car line called "Geo" couple different models,the geo metro had a 3cyc engine,manuel 5spd tranny,boasted 58mpg's,further back "volvo had a 2cyc eng/car engine,had to add a can of 2cycle oil each fill up,can't remember the mpg's just the car,didn't matter much gas was cheap and lived in a town where driving cars were banned unless police,delivery etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Talk to agent at Nodak insurance. Said somewhere around $60-70000 in guns. Said full coverage under contents, replacement, i have of $249,000 for fire. Should have list and serial number which i have but need to store someplace besides house. $2,500 for theft but for $600 will have full coverage for theft. Need to consider but all rifles are either in safe or chain and cable to wall.

Older vehicles i have that are worth more than what book says (and that is the case with all now) i will need to have a discussion on that at the time with the adjuster and some kind of proof as to their value. db

Hey db,don't short change yourself with you ins guy,visit your local car dealer.explain to used car mgr or dealership GM you need values,helping out they're local citizens should be #1 priority in smaller towns,people talk.just a thought.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Be careful when listing what you may have and their value on the InterWeb.
Too many scoundrels, snakes, thieves out there wanting to make your things, their things, and not having to pay you for it.
It isn't the same good old World we once grew up in, back in the day.
People have a way figuring out who you are and where you live.
Just my 2 Cents!

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Broken;

store stuff on a memory stick. I assume then the stuff is not in the computer for others to see. Yes/no? db

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I grew up in the big city,also my first real job was a filling station,full service pumping gas,checking oil,cleaning windows etc,this station had regular gas for .12/gal until mid 70's then the big jump .44/gal gas stations closed on sundays,I got strandedlate 70's in the middle of colorado during these times on a ski trip,small town bum fuck nowhere small town in my 69 mach one mustang,that 351 sure was a guzzeler,wish I still had that car.

Buddy of mine just took delivery on a 1971 Mach 1 SCJ with the 429 last week. Gorgeous car.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Broken;

store stuff on a memory stick. I assume then the stuff is not in the computer for others to see. Yes/no? db

I am talking about posting it on the Web for the World to see what you have.

- - - Updated - - -

Buddy of mine just took delivery on a 1971 Mach 1 SCJ with the 429 last week. Gorgeous car.
Tell us more JK.
Can only imagine what he paid for it if it, is in great shape.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am talking about posting it on the Web for the World to see what you have.

- - - Updated - - -

Tell us more JK.
Can only imagine what he paid for it if it, is in great shape.

He has several, and has told me that this is his nicest restoration. It was north of $100K.

I actually put it on the trailer, as my pal had had a few beers to settle his nerves. Beautiful car, and runs like it was just out of the factory. 1971 was the last year of the 429 Big Block.

1971 Mach 1 SCJ.jpg

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks really nice in the pics, wish I could see it in person!
Have only seen 2 "real ones" down here in AZ. Both sold between $175-$200,000.

One nice thing about being down here we have both Mecum and Barrett-Jackson auctions every winter/spring whatever you want to call the season.

Last edited:

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks really nice in the pics, wish I could see it in person!
Have only seen 2 "real ones" down here in AZ. Both sold between $175-$200,000.

One nice thing about being down here we have both Mecum and Barrett-Jackson auctions every winter/spring whatever you want to call the season.

Yup, this one came from the Barrett-Jackson auction in January.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I had a 69 mach...351...ugh...since I lost my 69 R/T I'm half assed looking for something similar to work on and enjoy,hard find under $100k these days.Would really like another muscle mopar like my buddy out east keeps taughting me since my fire,his RR is sweet.

RR2.jpg

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Aw the days of the Great Muscle Cars. When what you drove didn't tell how long your dick was. LB

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
He has several, and has told me that this is his nicest restoration. It was north of $100K.

I actually put it on the trailer, as my pal had had a few beers to settle his nerves. Beautiful car, and runs like it was just out of the factory. 1971 was the last year of the 429 Big Block.

mOWJ83xKFslI.jpeg

My friend in high school had one yes very nice

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82