Founding Member
Founding Member
IDK. Around the spillway pond?

- - - Updated - - -

Is "ND" a decoy?

- - - Updated - - -

Last guess is below Darling.

- - - Updated - - -

He keeps saying "muskie"?...and now caught one. I don't think this is ND.

- - - Updated - - -

Thought the pic on the vid was clickbait.

Last edited:

Jasonsman

IDK. Around the spillway pond?

- - - Updated - - -

Is "ND" a decoy?

- - - Updated - - -

Last guess is below Darling.

- - - Updated - - -

He keeps saying "muskie"?...and now caught one. I don't think this is ND.

- - - Updated - - -

Thought the pic on the vid was clickbait.

Spillway pond ? Over by Valley City ?

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think he fishes in Minnesota quite often. Going to be tough to get an exact spot out of anyone. Get out there, put in the work and you will do good

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am slightly reluctant to say exactly where he's at since he seems to make a point to never say exactly where he's at. That said I also thoroughly enjoy trying to giolocate someone's location from their videos. And in the case of this particular individual "aka the Bob Ross of fishing' i believe he lives in Fargo and the key to his videos is always this... he will tell you exactly what state he's in whether that be North Dakota or Minnesota ...from there you have to start searching for landmarks in the video's. needless to say for those of us from North Dakota we always know it anyways because if he's surrounded by a bunch of trees and fucking Loons... well that's Minnesota. But there is one specific location that he often refers to simply as "Im back out on the river again" and this area is in fact the area located just below the Lake Ashtabula spillway and it's secondary back channel the wraps around the fish hatchery just North of Valley City.

Last edited:

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Plus I don't think it would be legal to target northerns or muskie in MN at this time.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
His opening shot is at the first bridge downstream of Baldhill Dam on Lake Ashtabula. There is a public access and parking lot on the upstream side of the bridge as you can see the wooden boundary markers sticking out of the snow. Been there many times and caught LOTS of muskies there. Most are 6-7 lbs, but I've caught muskies up to 14 lbs there. Super Fun on 10lb line, but it tires them out too much in my opinion. Go with strong enough gear to catch'em and get'em back in the water faster than 10lb line. I wasn't targeting them so I was way undergunned tackle wise. Good Luck!!

honkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
A lot of the ndyakangler smallmouth bass posts are on the otter tail river near and in Fergus. Not sure where he does the pike Muskie stuff

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Mean Dean is spot on,suely not minntucky,no trees and the season is closed for pike/skis.

We don't get fired up fishing skis until mid summer to freeze up in november here in minni,but that's me,not high on the " must do"list.

some of the most productive big muskies we catch are at night ,using loud top water baits like the awaker/tally whacker and the creeper,warm water really turns these big fish on,plus most of the goto hot spots are pounded daily,they been caught or have seen just about every $30+ swim bait under the sun,so night time it's game on.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mean Dean is spot on,suely not minntucky,no trees and the season is closed for pike/skis.

We don't get fired up fishing skis until mid summer to freeze up in november here in minni,but that's me,not high on the " must do"list.

some of the most productive big muskies we catch are at night ,using loud top water baits like the awaker/tally whacker and the creeper,warm water really turns these big fish on,plus most of the goto hot spots are pounded daily,they been caught or have seen just about every $30+ swim bait under the sun,so night time it's game on.

speaking of your dysfunctional state, it blows my mind that they don’t change the limit of Walters to 4 or 5, keep the season open, and double the rods for hard and soft water...........

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 162
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76