2022-24 Fishing Proclamation

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
From NDGF:

Noteworthy regulation changes include:

Increased the statewide smallmouth/largemouth bass daily limit from 3 to 5 and possession limit from 6 to 10.

Allow for the taking of walleye during the darkhouse spearfishing season for the Missouri River System, Devils Lake and Stump Lake.

Paddlefish tags are available for purchase online, and at the Bismarck, Dickinson and Williston Game and Fish offices during normal business hours.

https://gf.nd.gov/fishing/regulations-guide/2022-24

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't love the increased regulations on bass, other than maybe on Sak. where the smallies are plentiful, but maybe its because so few people keep them anyways that it doesn't mater.

Last edited:

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bass are just smaller carp on Sak. It’s getting ridiculous to try and keep them off.

Last edited:

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
ND and AK the only two states Bassmasters has never been. That was a 10 minute conversation from zona during the classic this year. What is the culling rules in SD. Does ND do the same thing with bass as walleye - no cull??

Put the florida strain back in Nelson. Stock Zander to the hilt. Come on Greg lets do something to make the state shine!!!!!

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bass are just smaller carp on Sak. It’s getting ridiculous to try and keep them off.

Exactly. As soon as those smallies start raping my worms off of the spinners I get frustrated and begin going deeper trying to get away from them. No different than going really deep in the later summer and perch (Audubon) go nuts the same way. Grrrrrrr

FishFinder97

★ Legendary Member
I keep some smallies in the 12-14" range here and there. They eat just fine but I think I'm the minority when it comes to keeping them

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I keep some smallies in the 12-14" range here and there. They eat just fine but I think I'm the minority when it comes to keeping them
I have kept them too, if you eat them same day they are just fine, if you freeze them for future eats, they are not the best

FishFinder97

★ Legendary Member
I have kept them too, if you eat them same day they are just fine, if you freeze them for future eats, they are not the best
I've found them to be very good eats baked with a little olive oil and some lemon pepper. Same with the white bass.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75