Just moved in

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thats what I was hoping to hear.. Iv'e never caught one but hope that changes soon . I'm guessing it's best in the spring before water warms up ? I tried catfish in a restraunt down in GA. and it tasted like mud but who knows when and where it came from.

Davey - catfish needs to be filleted correctly to not taste "off". There is fat next to the meat and a strong blood line. I trim mine very meticulously and when I'm done there's nothing left but white iridescent meat. When ready to cook they are cut into 2" cubes so they evenly fry.

Some of the best fish I've eaten has been channel cat from the Red or Sheyenne! I usually keep from 7-10 lb'ers to make it worth my time.

grantfurness

I’m going to try catfish this year. Never tasted one or even ever caught one before. I’ll probably have to go to YouTube university to figure what to do with it.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m going to try catfish this year. Never tasted one or even ever caught one before. I’ll probably have to go to YouTube university to figure what to do with it.

Feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to explain what I do. Lots of different methods and philosophies on the Tube. Happy to help if I can!

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member

Board, knife, nail, pliers. Pretty much in that order. You shouldn’t have any trouble catching lots of them in the Red.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Then hope it doesn't taste like the nearby residents.

DakotaGreg

Established Member
I like to rip on refugess that move here from failed states like california too but in reality, many of them left to find a little bit freedom and appreciate it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74