Shipping Guns

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
If the lower used was purchased and used to build a long gun, it’s a long gun. If it’s built as a pistol, it’s a pistol. This is how I understand it. It’s not like you are reporting it to anyone. I wanted to turn a bolt rifle into a pistol, and found out that I can’t do that. The gun was built as a long gun and would need to remain a long gun.

That makes sense.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
If the lower used was purchased and used to build a long gun, it’s a long gun. If it’s built as a pistol, it’s a pistol. This is how I understand it. It’s not like you are reporting it to anyone. I wanted to turn a bolt rifle into a pistol, and found out that I can’t do that. The gun was built as a long gun and would need to remain a long gun.

I didn't even think about an AR being a "pistol". Yes, what KW posted above would need to be sorted out as well.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
You would have to us an FFL on one end or the other from what I understand. Either the shipping end or the receiving end. If I didn’t want to do that I would probably send pieces to myself in separate boxes. About zero chance to get busted then.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
You would have to us an FFL on one end or the other from what I understand. Either the shipping end or the receiving end. If I didn’t want to do that I would probably send pieces to myself in separate boxes. About zero chance to get busted then.

You only need to involve an FFL if there is a transfer of ownership across state lines taking place. The only other time you need an FFL involved is when using UPS/Fed-Ex and that's their corporate rules, not a law.

Go back to post #15 on page one and read the copy/paste directly from the BATFE site.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 119
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 70