Lowrance Live vs Carbon

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Looking for comments from anyone that has used side imaging on HDS Carbon and Live units running active imaging transducer. Screen specs are the same, so wondering if image quality is the same. Thanks.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I run an HDS, Gen 3 with a 7" screen. All I can say on that is a 7 inch screen is not enough to provide the detail when using sidescan and downscan. Pretty disappointed overall. So given we are talking Lowrance, I'd want at least a 9 inch screen going forward as I've heard the separation and definition is leaps and bounds better with the bigger screens.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Running a 7" Lowrance too..easiest upgrade I can make is a bigger screen.

Though the Garmins intrigue me.....

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
All depends on size if you are running 12s or larger lives are faster and draw a better picture in 3D and side scan is slightly better too. 7-9 lives didn't have the quad processor and are similar to the FS in most specs. They have more memory and ram than carbons but i do believe the same dual core processor. Having used both, the picture seems better on the 12 live and active target is definitely better on a 12 live than a 12 carbon or 9 live or 9 fs for what its worth. If you aren't super into the tech game and new active imaging and setting your graphs up for optimal use for active target you probably won't notice much difference running down and side scan between the two.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 102
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66