April Blizzard Predicted next week

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
By the sounds of some models, significant snowfall is a real possibility next week. I know some areas could use the moisture but good lord its the middle of April for crying out loud! Would be a tough hit on the ranchers calving right now to.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
All of the weather sources are gabbing about this. Probably a good idea to keep track of the weather.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some models saying somewhere between 15-25 inches for Bismarck/Mandan. We’d take it for sure, just hope for the ranchers to come through unscathed. I’m guessing they’d welcome the moisture too for pasture health.

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Current model has precipitation closer to where it's needed compared to a couple days ago. Think I'll summerize and stow the snowblower this weekend for good measure. 20220408_174109.jpg

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I recall many times in April helping Gramps with calving. Had to get snowmobile and the old car hood out to go gather newborns. Lose a few due to pneumonia which really sucked. Can be tough on ranchers, but we do need the moisture throughout the state.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I did my share today - cleaned out the garage...snowblower put away in the back, lawnmower pulled out front. Guessing we'll get 15 to 20 inches of heavy wet snow next week!

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm doing my part for moisture. Last week I put away two snowblowers and I am conducting a soil research project that requires a drought.

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
Whenever they predict things that far out, they are usually wrong.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Whenever they predict things that far out, they are usually wrong.

Wrong as in the snow will stay way south like SD, or wrong as in instead of southern nd it'll dump 2 feet on us in the northern part of the state?

One thing is for sure that they always get right, we'll definately get the wind and cold and that shit is going to stick around for about a week. Calving out cows the last couple days in the 30 to 40 mph wind wasn't fun, next week calving in air temps in the teens and 20 to 30 mph winds, now that'll just be as much fun as getting kicked in the nuts repeatedly. Fuck I wish I'd have turned the bulls out later.

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I hate to say it, but I'm all for a Wednesday/ Thursday snowday to roll into Good Friday and give me the five day weekend I deserve.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 92
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 60