Boat camping?

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did it once many years ago up in Douglas Bay. The skeeters were horendous. Better have a small mesh tent!

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've overnighted at the tailrace a couple of times. Shorefishing. Fish until I can't stand it any longer, then conk out in the vehicle for a few hours, and then hit it again in the morning. You can park up top. While not strictly legal (but not strictly CAMPING - with no tent, and no cooking and no fire or chairs or anything) I think most of the sheriffs or game wardens turn a cheek at this type of thing. There are vehicles coming and going at all hours, when the fishing is on.

Most times, the morning bite has been worthless. Should have just headed back to Bismarck at 3AM.

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
Take a tent and camp on shore. Did it frequently on Sak when I was a kid. Nice to have a fire, hot food and the like. Fish til midnight or so. We had nights with excellent fishing. Running at night the shoreline tends to look like it's straight so GPS to find camp again would be helpful. Back then we just spotlighted areas til we found it.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
The fear of sudden wind, and dark water have kept this thought at complete bay.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76