Reloading press and supplies- Looking for my first

NathanSteg

Reloading press and supplies- Looking for my first press, preferably a progressive and everything else needed/related to reloading. If you have anything laying around that you want to get rid of or sell let me know and Id be happy to make a deal if possible. I have a pretty low budget because Im in highschool, but lmk.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't know that I'd recommend a progressive as your first press. They are notoriously finicky. The fundamentals are best learned slow and steady on a single stage.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yes you don't need a progressive with the cost of powder, bullets, primers, and brass and if your as broke as you sound you need to rethink your project. LB

NathanSteg

Yes you don't need a progressive with the cost of powder, bullets, primers, and brass and if your as broke as you sound you need to rethink your project. LB

I just really enjoy shooting but it’s far to expensive to go as much as I want to

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just really enjoy shooting but it’s far to expensive to go as much as I want to

People underestimate the cost of reloading. At least once a year someone hits me up to reload for them. They make comments like " what would a box of 308 cost me, about five bucks". With liability issues these days I would never consider it. Then they are offended I will not load cheap for them. That's ok I don't need the company of stupid people.
My goal is accuracy and that may cost uou more than much of the factory ammo. The biggest challenge will be bullet run out, and a good single stage will help.

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Spot-on statement. You get to the point where you don't want to find another hobby you enjoy because it will just be added to the list of things you don't have time for. I always tell people who are having their first child "Make a list of things you like to do. Now crumple up that list and throw it in the trash."
Definitely not complaining. That's how it should be. Kids and their needs/wants come way before mine. One day, if I'm not too old, I can do what I want again.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Spot-on statement. You get to the point where you don't want to find another hobby you enjoy because it will just be added to the list of things you don't have time for. I always tell people who are having their first child "Make a list of things you like to do. Now crumple up that list and throw it in the trash."
Definitely not complaining. That's how it should be. Kids and their needs/wants come way before mine. One day, if I'm not too old, I can do what I want again.

I believe it's this type of thinking that make great Father's.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77