Casting rod

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
With those Chinese rods and the price they get, you are paying for the warranty.

Like I said I have both. It cost me 25 or 30 dollars a few years ago to ship one back to St. Croix. A 150 dollar rod just became 180. That's 20% more and waited around 10 days to get it.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have both St. Croix and Scheels. I will stick with Scheels, as they have been nothing less than great with customer service. Have used the warranty 3 times in 22 years. If you have an issue, you walk in and get one off the rack. With the others you pay to ship them back, then wait and hope when it gets back to you it is not broke during shipping.
Big thing to note is the Scheels warranties are not as good anymore. For $200-$300 I expect a lifetime warranty and you no longer get that from Scheels. Decent rods even in the cheaper models.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will continue to buy Scheel's regardless of what the WARRANTY policy says. They have always treated me right, and I have no doubt they will treat me right if there is a MANUFACTURER'S issue after the 3 years. If something happens in the future I don't like, I will just quit buying rods, as I have more than enough very good decent rods to last my lifetime and take care of any fishing task I need. Kinda like chips, you can't just have ONE.

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
99% of rod failures are operator error. I can't believe rod company's offer lifetime warranty. That's like wanting a new truck if you hit a deer.
Anyway my vote would be st. croix or loomis, however I only get to fish about 3 times a summer as baseball and softball has taken over my life;:;banghead

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Back when I fished walleye tournaments and found sponsor's. I had most of all the different series when Gary Loomis first started and have never looked back. Since he sold out all junk now, put looks like he is back with new line not sure of quality. Like mentioned above warranty is end user fault 90% of time. First thing I say to whomever is in my boat is break a rod of mine and you in trouble. Buy the right rod for what it is designed for make's a big difference. Have lots of friends use many good name brands. Buy what you can afford do your homework good luck tight lines.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74