Paddlefish 2022

benjamins

Founding Member
Founding Member
Like always I'm looking forward to snagging. But I'm hoping this year isn't a bust! With the water being so cold will the paddlefish even be headed up stream yet? And with all that snow will the water be stupid high? Looks to still be pretty cold for opener but I'll definitely still be there with drink in hand!

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just heard today Sundheim park won’t be allowing camping due to the sloppy conditions. If anyone is needing a camping spot in the Fairview area I can put you in touch with a guy offering spots. Also there is Sharbono park in town and the Fairview Inn right across the street from the Double Barrel Saloon :cool:

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Cold? What is wrong with 60’s for daytime highs? After this cold winter and Mother Nature deciding to have a snowball fight instead of rain…I think things will be excellent. Been Paddlefishing for the past 26 years and have fished and have slung the sinker in days where upper 40’s was the high to 90’s. For me low 60’s is perfect temperature. As far as water temperature…not even an issue. What tends to trigger the run is current changes and how muddy the water gets. Pumphouse usually is pretty active early on.

Will be watching for reports this week after 2 days of catch and release. Good luck to those who will be up there Tuesday/Wednesday and Friday/Saturday next weekend. Looking forward to another fun year.

FISH ON!

hawgsnhorns

Founding Member
Founding Member
We are heading that way on the 4th. This is our 30th year at it, missing only a few years since we started going. As always we are expecting a good time with a few FISH ON hollers!! lol
Does anyone know if we can get a 16ft boat in at the Sundheim boat ramp?

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
They changed their mind about Sundheim. Open to camping. Ramp is in rough shape. Not sure if you could get the boat in.

rapala_09

Honored Member
Good to hear Brian, I panicked between reading your posts of "No camping" and "nevermind!" lol
Getting a decent place to stay can be a bugger up there at this time of year.

*Edit* I guess I see on Game and Fish website that it is closed to camping, I haven't seen anything to the contrary. Can you share where you seen they will allow camping? *Edit*

Last edited:

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
8A2384AB-5113-4587-A639-CB07732106E2.jpg

rapala_09

Honored Member
Great news. Thanks Brian!

A buddy showed me a picture of 142 pounder that was caught and released. That should be enough to get a guy fired up!

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hope to hear a report this afternoon on the # cleaned so far. Heard there was a waiting line to get fish cleaned...primarily males. But the line is the norm in the mornings it seems. Good luck to those those willing to put in the time and effort (sore ribs). FISH ON!!!

benjamins

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just got back from 2 days of catch and release and then this morning for our keepers. The 3 of us caught 35 all said and done. 4 over 80 with 1 over 100. It was an amazing time but I may need an ice bath. I'm beat.

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Caught a couple of those "good eaters" over the years. Hoping the catch and keep season extends past Saturday into next week.
FISH ON! #$%^&>

Last edited:

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Season closed up faster than....a speeding bullet.....and done...... what we have like 3 catch days it was over before it started.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74