Translates to Walleye?...

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Early 90's used skirts with live bait on Sakakawea and they worked better than just a spinner or lindy for 2 0r 3 years. Then seemed couldn't get many fish after with them. It is funny you posted this as I was looking online a couple weeks ago for different colored squids/skirts as I was possibly gonna try them again for ..its and giggles.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have had luck on River's with plastic walleye baits and minnows together to bulk up bait, and some of new walleye design plastic baits in larger size by themselves they are expensive is down fall all most getting to be cost of cranks. Lake's, I don't have much luck

Last edited:

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i am not even sure what the set up is called. but, back when devils first started coming up, the storm sewer channel south of town was a hot spot for eyes from shore. my brother and i would walk up and down it absolutely smoking nice eyes. we used a rig very similar to that second video except the weight was free on the line and could go all the way to the worm. it was handy cause we could toss it into the thickest of canes/weeds/cattails and not get snagged. practically snag/weed free. it it was amazing how many eyes were in that thick stuff. the other lure we used was just a single hook "weedless" spoon. good times.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Besides walleyes, etc, tube skirts on jigs have been fooling blugills/crappies at our little lake in northern Mn all summer. The blue and white ones have been particularly deadly. #$%^&> use tubes that are about half the size of those in the vid tho.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
i am not even sure what the set up is called. but, back when devils first started coming up, the storm sewer channel south of town was a hot spot for eyes from shore. my brother and i would walk up and down it absolutely smoking nice eyes. we used a rig very similar to that second video except the weight was free on the line and could go all the way to the worm. it was handy cause we could toss it into the thickest of canes/weeds/cattails and not get snagged. practically snag/weed free. it it was amazing how many eyes were in that thick stuff. the other lure we used was just a single hook "weedless" spoon. good times.

That's a Texas Rig.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69