22 pistols

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wife had a Taurus .22, it literally fell apart in her hand while shooting it. The handle busted apart into several pieces.

sierra1995

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll put my Buckmark up against anything. Only downside is I have to buy high velocity ammunition for it to cycle. I've got thousands of rounds through it with no issues.

Friend of mine had a walther p22, and it was good, but not as accurate.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If i use certain brands of 22 bullets my auto 22 that i shown have had an occasion problem ejecting but very seldom. I would put the blame onto the bullet and not the pistol.

So i used stingers. But did notice the case is a bit longer, Told that the case will enter to far into the barrel and may cause some long term damage to rifling. Yes or no to that???? db

sierra1995

Founding Member
Founding Member
If i use certain brands of 22 bullets my auto 22 that i shown have had an occasion problem ejecting but very seldom. I would put the blame onto the bullet and not the pistol.

So i used stingers. But did notice the case is a bit longer, Told that the case will enter to far into the barrel and may cause some long term damage to rifling. Yes or no to that???? db

I use CCI Minimag or Winchester Super X High Velocity. I'm not sure about the Stingers from CCI.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
DB

They have the same OAL as standard LR. May be hard on autos with excessive use. Handgun self defensive is their only purpose IMHO.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really like my s & w victory 22. I also have a heritage rough rider revolver that's fun to plink with. And then for the longer shots i bought a savage axis 22.

I'm undecided on the victory so far. Had some issues with it right away and haven't shot it much since. Weather needs to straighten out so I can do some plinking.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
svnmag:

When i sit a stringer alongside other 22lr one can see the brass is longer on the stringer. It would seem then that the brass would go deeper into the barrel.
Last summer i did shoot at targets, 5o feet, ten rounds each of various brands. For me the federal target match grade and augila, had the tightest pattern.

Back to the stingers.
i used my model 52 with a J unertil scope and when chambering the round, the stringer met with resistance at the end of pushing the bolt in. So, is not the oal different? db

- - - Updated - - -

And why it sems every week i notice news about rocks in space that our coming our way. Then as one reads, they will miss us by a few million miles??

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wife had a Taurus .22, it literally fell apart in her hand while shooting it. The handle busted apart into several pieces.

What model? I am not a fan of taurus but the TX22 has outstanding reviews and I believe was the 2019 handgun of the year.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
svnmag:

When i sit a stringer alongside other 22lr one can see the brass is longer on the stringer. It would seem then that the brass would go deeper into the barrel.
Last summer i did shoot at targets, 5o feet, ten rounds each of various brands. For me the federal target match grade and augila, had the tightest pattern. YUP, I had the same experience.

Back to the stingers.
i used my model 52 with a J unertil scope and when chambering the round, the stringer met with resistance at the end of pushing the bolt in. So, is not the oal different? db

- - - Updated - - -

And why it sems every week i notice news about rocks in space that our coming our way. Then as one reads, they will miss us by a few million miles??
Forgot to sight in. ;:;rofl

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Zogman:

Well, it must be fact now about the better brand.

Have a thousand rounds of stingers that i will probably not shoot for fun and for defend, i believe my auto 12 number 5 round is better at close range. Plug out.
Got another 112 rounds of 30-06 for my m-1 for long range. Was given to me, armor piercing. Now have close to 400 rounds of 06, most in clips, and i am sure i will be taken out before i get through all of them unless it's Russian. db

Last edited:

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
#4 buck in a 12 ga pump and an 18" slug barrel is real nasty for close in hallway cleaning. LB

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Db,

The brass is longer. The whole shell is standard length. The extra brass takes the place of a heavier bullet.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
.22 S,L,LR have heeled bullets. The whole cartridge has the same diameter to the ogive before it dips at the shoulder. .22 WMR have bullets seated in the case which is why LR shouldn't be fired in a magnum.

ktm450

★★ Legendary Member
I'm undecided on the victory so far. Had some issues with it right away and haven't shot it much since. Weather needs to straighten out so I can do some plinking.

I had issues with it right away, took about 150-200 rounds before it straighten out (maybe break in??). Would jam a lot trying to eject the shell.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I picked up the Taurus TX22 a few weeks ago and have put about 2k rounds through it using at least 6 types of bulk ammo and I absolutely love this gun! Only one malfunction so far, accurate, great trigger, comes with 2-16 round mags (and I bought two more at only $25/each) and only $299. Highly recommend to anyone in the market. Never thought I'd be so exited about a Taurus haha

Also, after just shy of 14 months I got my suppressor which adds to the fun!

IMG_5559.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76