22 pistols

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
22's (rifles and pistols) are all I'm interested in these days, mostly because when I want to go out shooting I want to shoot a lot and the relative low price of 22 ammo makes this possible. What's everyone's favorite 22 pistol? I have a buckmark, mark 3, mark 4 lite, and a S&W victory. 2 of the 4 have threaded barrels which is great since I have a suppressor showing up any day now. I've been reading a lot about the Taurus TX22 and never thought I'd say this about a Taurus but reviews are great and I want one. Does anyone here have any experience with this pistol?

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have an old Ruger single 6 flat gate that the barn door needs to be real close. A H@R 22/22 mag different cylinders 12" barrel that is a pleasure to shoot. And a Walther 22 ppq that is basically the same as my Glock 19 in size, weight and safety so I shoot that a lot. Its in my golf cart when I work in the garden or running the dog. Many a gopher has met his end using it. Happy shooting. LB

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
how long you been waiting for your barrel can? i am bout 100% certain i am now on month 14.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have Smith model 41 and Colt revolver older models that shoot great. Also cheap semi 22 auto keep on the riding tractor to shoot mice, gophers, rabbits. Taurus seems interesting for semi auto short barrel good reviews buy and try.

duckman1302

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a couple Walther P22s and neither has ever given me any trouble. I can't compare to anything though because they are the only 22 pistols I have ever had.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
12 months. Shortly after I submitted my paperwork they changed the process to electronic and I just heard that some people who filed that way are getting them back in about a month!

how long you been waiting for your barrel can? i am bout 100% certain i am now on month 14.

- - - Updated - - -

I had a SS single six that I made the mistake of selling about 10 years ago. Now I want one again and they haven't gotten any cheaper.

I have an old Ruger single 6 flat gate that the barn door needs to be real close. A H@R 22/22 mag different cylinders 12" barrel that is a pleasure to shoot. And a Walther 22 ppq that is basically the same as my Glock 19 in size, weight and safety so I shoot that a lot. Its in my golf cart when I work in the garden or running the dog. Many a gopher has met his end using it. Happy shooting. LB

- - - Updated - - -

the model 41 is one that I am interested in as well but they aren't giving them away!

I have Smith model 41 and Colt revolver older models that shoot great. Also cheap semi 22 auto keep on the riding tractor to shoot mice, gophers, rabbits. Taurus seems interesting for semi auto short barrel good reviews buy and try.

Finaddict

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm kind of nuts for pistols. I have a Smith 41, a Colt Diamond Back (and matching Python) both safe queens, a Smith 8" stainless 10-shot .22, a Smith 4" stainless .357, a Smith 8" .44 mag, a Smith AirLight 2" .357, a Mauser .25 that was issued to my mother-in law when she was in the Swiss army leading up to WWII (no kidding pure Swiss, barely spoke English when she married my father-in law), two Beretta compacts a Tomcat and a Bearcat, a couple of Kimber .45's, and an Army issue .45 from my father in law. My wife shoots too, and she doesn't think I have too many hand guns. How lucky can a guy get!

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got the model 41 back when I shot competition very please with it, if I did my part. They were around $850, I would guess a whole lot more now forsure.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
For pistol my two, a high standard supermatic citation and a browning medalist. db

Attachments

DSC00168.jpg

Huntin1

Established Member
I gave several 22 pistols to my son. I am down to just this one,

Ruger Mark III.jpg

And yes, it is a blast to shoot suppressed.

Mac

Founding Member
Founding Member
22's (rifles and pistols) are all I'm interested in these days, mostly because when I want to go out shooting I want to shoot a lot and the relative low price of 22 ammo makes this possible. What's everyone's favorite 22 pistol? I have a buckmark, mark 3, mark 4 lite, and a S&W victory. 2 of the 4 have threaded barrels which is great since I have a suppressor showing up any day now. I've been reading a lot about the Taurus TX22 and never thought I'd say this about a Taurus but reviews are great and I want one. Does anyone here have any experience with this pistol?

I have owned the Taurus TX22 for a year now, the little 22 is a very fun gun to shoot, the gun seams to dislike subsonic ammo, or at least mine does, I don’t have a 22 suppressor for it, but I have attached my 30 cal can to it and it is really amazing shooting with that can on it
I highly recommend the TX22 for the price it’s an amazing gun.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
About 65 years ago my dad's cousin showed me a Cold Woodsman. Also let me shoot a few rounds. That was my first experience. Fast forward 12 years a friend dropped out of college heading for California. He needed cash and I bought his Ruger single six. When he returned I let him get it back. Since that time I have owned a stainless Ruger single six. Gave that away to a very close friend when he turned 50. At the present time I have 3 a H and R Sportsman. A Ruger Mark III with target barrel and custom trigger. A Ruger SR 22, which is a very fun gun to shoot.

Huntin1

Established Member
You dont work for the CIA or MI6 do you. Bond James Bond. LB

How does that phrase go, “I could tell you, but then I’d have to kill you” LOL. No, I don’t work for either one. The Ruger MK 3 is an accurate pistol, but the Volquartsen upper makes it insanely accurate, though when you attach a suppressor to it, it gets a bit long.

Zogman, one of the pistols that I gave my son was an H&R Sportsman, I inherited it from my Grandfather, I learned to shoot handguns with that pistol. Spent many summer afternoons with my Grandfather shooting gophers with it.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member

Did you buy from Silencer Central? I bought 2 cans on Black Friday and they finally sent the paperwork ( E-Form ) on April 5th. That is 4 months they sat on the paperwork which could be a 25% of you wait time. I gave them a bad review on Google and their Facebook page on 3/31/22 and wouldn't you know it my form was submitted 5 days later. That is my 2nd & 3rd can and will be the last time I will buy from them.

I have 2 22 cal revolvers - A Ruger single six and an H&R dbl action 9 shot both are use for plinking but like LB said the barn door needs to be up close. I used them years ago when I was trapping and needed to dispatch a critter up close and personal. My go to gopher gun is the trusty Ruger 10/22

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Read somewhere that the 22 pistol was the weapon of choice for silent opps. because it was quiet and if you shot a bad guy in the head the 22 would pernitrate one side of the human skull and would not have enough power to get out so it would just "pong" around on the inside until the brain would liquid-fi. LB

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did mine like February or March of 2021. I got an email almost instantly (a week? that my paperwork was submitted to the ATF. Yes. Silencer central.

ktm450

★★ Legendary Member
I really like my s & w victory 22. I also have a heritage rough rider revolver that's fun to plink with. And then for the longer shots i bought a savage axis 22.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62