Water levels?

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any official word out there yet on how the recent storms should affect water levels in the Missouri River system yet? I couldn’t find anything when I searched.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got nothin' on the Mighty Mo, but my Sheyenne river is making things sporty around Ft. KDM. They are hoping to hold it to Moderate Flooding and have been closing bridges all over Valley City and putting up control measures. Not to mention the washed out rural roads from overland flooding. From drought to flood in one month. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the blizzard warning and the tornado warning in the same day. If that fruit loop Greta Thurnwhoever wants to see climate change, she needs to get her chicken little fanny over here. She can see Ice Age to Noah's Flood all in 300 miles. Crazy!!!!

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Greta's just a puppet with invisible strings, just like some political leaders. LB

honkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Inflows are outpacing outflows and it is on the rise. Went up .7 yesterday and current is over 1828. It should see nice increases the next several days at least unless they ramp up outflows.
keeping fingers crossed for nice gains.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Inflows are outpacing outflows and it is on the rise. Went up .7 yesterday and current is over 1828. It should see nice increases the next several days at least unless they ramp up outflows.
keeping fingers crossed for nice gains.

Umm, inflows to Sak have been nothing special. What you were witnessing the past few days is called seiche. It's a standing wave created by wind blowing consistently from one direction. Inflows from the Yellowstone and Fort Peck have only been about 14-15k cfs combined, add another 1400 from the Little Missouri, and you would have to be seeing pretty much a major flood on every other little tributary to Sak to create a true rise equal to what the wind has fooled the gage into reading.

honkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will refrain from commenting on what I read on the corps site. I will ignore the water level marker I put at the waters edge 3 weeks ago as well that is now in 10” of water . I will leave comments to the experts.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Umm, inflows to Sak have been nothing special. What you were witnessing the past few days is called seiche. It's a standing wave created by wind blowing consistently from one direction.

I've seen that in the marina @ Arnesen's on LOW with a steady 2-3 day NW wind. You can tell getting in/out of the boat @ the dock.

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
I seen somewhere that the mountains had plenty of snow this winter so it should definitely help later on this spring

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I seen somewhere that the mountains had plenty of snow this winter so it should definitely help later on this spring

Don't we wish!

- - - Updated - - -

I've seen that in the marina @ Arnesen's on LOW with a steady 2-3 day NW wind. You can tell getting in/out of the boat @ the dock.

Tripping hazard!

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member

Nope below average, but we have climbed a little the last couple weeks. We were 80% of average, now we are in the low 90's percentage.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77