Silencer Central

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has anyone ordered lately from Silencer Central, and what's your experience. Are they getting to big to be efficient. I think I started my purchase in January 2021. A month later they informed me they needed something else. They sent my forms to the IRS in March. A couple weeks ago it was approved and I filled out the paper work. They said they were getting new approvals as fast as nine days with the new electronic system. So a couple days ago I called and asked where my suppressor was. They said I will have to be patient because their shipping department is backed up. I'm beginning to think that even though I have a serial number they are waiting for my suppressor to be built. That way they get a year of interest on my money while they have no investment in inventory. Something is messed up because a significant portion of my wait time is them.

What's your experience, and where do you fellows purchase?

NG3067

★★ Legendary Member
When I purchased from them they were still Dakota Silencer, excellent experience. They called me last week to see if I’ve been using them, and how I like the product. I’d buy from them again.

Tymurrey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've never dealt with them personally but I know a few friends who have gotten suppressors from them. It seems like they can be really slow to submit paperwork sometimes from what i've seen. Not sure if they do batch submittals or if they are just so backed up that it takes them that long to process it all. I also had one friend who had issues with them updating his trust in a timely manner.

I've gone through TAG Firearms in bismarck for my last 3 suppressors. Couldn't have been happier dealing with him. I went with thunderbeast arms for the centerfire cans and dead air for the rimfire. No problems at all with them.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought 2 cans on Black Friday of 2021 and they finally sent the paperwork ( E-Form ) on April 5th 2022. That is 4 months they sat on the paperwork which could be a 25% of the wait time everyone is experiencing. I gave them a bad review on Google and their Facebook page on 3/31/22 and wouldn't you know it my form was submitted 5 days later. That is my 2nd & 3rd cans and will be the last time I will buy from them.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has anyone ordered lately from Silencer Central, and what's your experience. Are they getting to big to be efficient. I think I started my purchase in January 2021. A month later they informed me they needed something else. They sent my forms to the IRS in March. A couple weeks ago it was approved and I filled out the paper work. They said they were getting new approvals as fast as nine days with the new electronic system. So a couple days ago I called and asked where my suppressor was. They said I will have to be patient because their shipping department is backed up. I'm beginning to think that even though I have a serial number they are waiting for my suppressor to be built. That way they get a year of interest on my money while they have no investment in inventory. Something is messed up because a significant portion of my wait time is them.

What's your experience, and where do you fellows purchase?

over on Rokslide your same story is being to more than a few times

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
My next suppressor will be from a small local where my grandson purchased his. On the computer for a few minutes and max wait time is two months.

Tymurrey

Founding Member
Founding Member
One thing I would be aware of is promised short wait times. I know that e filing has sped the process up a lot but when it comes to the government they usually find a way to slow things down. I remember with my friends that ordered from silencer central they were all told they would get their cans in 6-9 months before efile. I just laughed yet they believed them even though average wait at that time was 300+ days from the check being cashed. I know efile sped things up though and i'm really tempted to pick up another rimfire can.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Government has been kicking the can down the road for decades.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
I ordered a banish30 gold last march(21) and received mine this apri (22)l, but from the time i filled out my 4473 after federal approval my suppressor was at my door 18 days later. The big things they have going is their product in the banish line is pretty decent, and they make the trust, paperwork, prints and photos easy. Most places with a kiosk can do this nowadays however. I don't like the fact they won't match prices from silencerco or others, since they already have all my info and all they literally are doing is adding another serial number to my trust. The customer service and availability to talk to people was fairly good with them. However i feel like they made promises they knew they couldn't keep as far as delivery and wait times.
I recently seen they sent a youtube guy a certificate for a new banish 30 gold after he trashed them all over youtube for being incompetent, so i am guessing they are still making money hand over fist. I think i am going to try out a local dealer with a better price on my next one however. With the eform and having a trust already hopefully its not a pain in the ass or a long wait.

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought 2 cans on Black Friday of 2021 and they finally sent the paperwork ( E-Form ) on April 5th 2022. That is 4 months they sat on the paperwork which could be a 25% of the wait time everyone is experiencing. I gave them a bad review on Google and their Facebook page on 3/31/22 and wouldn't you know it my form was submitted 5 days later. That is my 2nd & 3rd cans and will be the last time I will buy from them.

Good God i would have demanded my money if they waited that long. I also bought mine on black friday or cyber monday (whatever one was the buy one get one free day) and my paperwork was submitted December 15th. I never did get an email confirmation about anything so i wasn't even sure i bought one. I had to call multiple times to confirm this and actually ever get an email which pissed me off. I was told i needed to be patient because they sold almost 2000 supressors in that one day. So yes i think they are getting too big to be efficient.

I also recently called to get my serial numbers (because no i never got them either) and was told the wait is now 12-14 months from december 15th. I asked if i could cancel my order and they said they don't allow that as an option. That also pissed me off, so yeah with efiling now i am done with them

Also as someone mentioned they won't price match. I originally wanted a silencerco omega which they actually sell but they wouldn't sell it to me for the same price as i could get elsewhere. If it wasn't a buy one get one free deal on cybermonday i would have never bought from them for this reason alone..... that is all....

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
They ran out of that buy one get one pretty fast, hopefully you get both of yours.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good God i would have demanded my money if they waited that long. I also bought mine on black friday or cyber monday (whatever one was the buy one get one free day) and my paperwork was submitted December 15th. I never did get an email confirmation about anything so i wasn't even sure i bought one. I had to call multiple times to confirm this and actually ever get an email which pissed me off. I was told i needed to be patient because they sold almost 2000 supressors in that one day. So yes i think they are getting too big to be efficient.

I also recently called to get my serial numbers (because no i never got them either) and was told the wait is now 12-14 months from december 15th. I asked if i could cancel my order and they said they don't allow that as an option. That also pissed me off, so yeah with efiling now i am done with them

Also as someone mentioned they won't price match. I originally wanted a silencerco omega which they actually sell but they wouldn't sell it to me for the same price as i could get elsewhere. If it wasn't a buy one get one free deal on cybermonday i would have never bought from them for this reason alone..... that is all....

I looked into canceling but there was a pretty hefty non refundable amount.

- - - Updated - - -

They ran out of that buy one get one pretty fast, hopefully you get both of yours.

The serial #'s are on the paperwork that I have copies of and they took the money for the additional tax stamp.

NG3067

★★ Legendary Member
I think this is our world post COVID. Not an excuse but the service industry has slipped, and the standards have stayed the same or at times been raised. Go thru a drive thru only to find out 5 miles down the road you have a cheeseburger instead of a chicken sandwich. Turn around or eat? Until we get a surplus of workers don’t expect too much to change.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 80