Is our food source in jeopardy?

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Never gave it a thought but last night news highlighted a possible conspiracy taking out our nations processing plants,this started in 2017 when 7 plant went up in flames,since the start of 2022 17 plants went up in flames,two were taken out by small aircraft.

What better way to take over a country,nix energy supply,food source then water.

What do you guyz thing? Coincidence?

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes also a better way to improve your business is by total loss, which then gives you an opportunity to build with a more stream lined automated system. I bet you a dollar a lot of those business burnt down becuase of improper maintainance due to lack of employees.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lack of or the cost of fertilizer is, and will be, a much more serious concern than a few buildings going down IMO. Anhydrous ammonia was $625 a ton a year ago and now it's $1700 a ton. Makes me wonder what a loaf of bread will cost this fall or a box of corn flakes as wheat and corn require significant fertilizer inputs. Soybean crackers anyone? Yikes!! That sounds a bit too much like soylent green crackers for my liking.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
That reminds me of a deal I saw of funny answers kids gave on schoolwork or something like that.

The question was: “Would you rather get stranded on a deserted island alone or with someone you hate?”
One kid answered: “With someone I hate so I could eat him” or something like that.

It made me laugh…and probably made me think of Soylent Green too.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Ethanol has caused higher corn prices which has lead to higher feed costs to dairy farms which have driven many out of business. Row crop farmers have benefited from higher prices but in the end someone ends up suffering. Not the biggest fan of ethanol but I do under the implications of losing that industry

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Food doesn't come from corn and soybeans. If we've already destroyed the soil so much that our whole "food" system is dependent on the price of chemical fertilizer, maybe it's time to change things up before all we're left with is 8 inches of chalk covering the Midwest in a decade.

Just checked and all three of the freezers in my garage are still running and my garden starts are popping out so we're still good here.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve never seen Soylent Green but I’ve got it DVR’d, need to pick a day and watch it.

- - - Updated - - -

Food doesn't come from corn and soybeans. If we've already destroyed the soil so much that our whole "food" system is dependent on the price of chemical fertilizer, maybe it's time to change things up before all we're left with is 8 inches of chalk covering the Midwest in a decade.

Just checked and all three of the freezers in my garage are still running and my garden starts are popping out so we're still good here.

It’ll be OK, we’ll start using Brawndo, it’s what plants crave, it’s got electrolytes.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m not sure what’s gonna happen or is happening but you go into Walmart in Mandan and the shelves are a lot emptier then I have ever seen them. There were always certain brands I would pick up, like butter or cheese and they are no longer always on the shelf like they used to be. Other more expensive brands will be there but this was never an issue before. And of course prices are higher. It’s definitely noticeable. With Covid no longer really an issue why is there shortages or supply chain issues? Look at the car lots. Crazy.

I always thought it was lovely how much we depend on our enemies necessities. It’s glorious. Thanks Joe!

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you haven’t found god you might want to

God , with a capital G and a Bible, Dry powder, sharp knife , gardening tools and give your family the knowledge and desire to use them proficiently.

That's how the old timers fed thier families.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you haven’t found god you might want to
Wait wait, he's lost????? Oh ya I forgot the ELCA lost him. :::

Kruchev was known for starving the Ukraine into submission.

You guys investing in silver and gold may want to purchase a bullet mold. At least it will still have some value when you melt it down make a couple bullets than you can shoot some meat. Make your loads strong enough to kill your quarry, but light enough the body captures it for recovery and remolding.. :) Hmmm maybe that's to close to reality to be funny.

Last edited:

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Is it just me or have food prices went up 25% the last couple months. I bet beef will go up more because of the blizzards out west. But the ranchers will not see it. Its like when one refinery goes off line gas goes up everywhere because now there is a national shortage. Fear make money. LB

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yes also a better way to improve your business is by total loss, which then gives you an opportunity to build with a more stream lined automated system. I bet you a dollar a lot of those business burnt down becuase of improper maintainance due to lack of employees.

Possible lunk but what about the two kamikaze's? small aircraft taking out two buildings ,coincidence? or possible remote controled like drones. kinda odd we don't hear about these activities taking place and just processing plants.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74