Is our food source in jeopardy?

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nope. They have been saying this since the time of Malthus (late 1700s)...

Well, let's get mathematic on this. The world surely can't support 149,999,999,999,999,999,999 people. That's just ridiculous. So there is absolutely a point where we will hit the ceiling on how many people this planet can withstand. I think the better question is what population can we reach that allows us to sustain our current lifestyle? Arguably, we are well beyond that in several aspects. Including our use of fossil fuel, that stuff is a finite resource and whether we have 50 yrs left of the stuff at current withdrawal rates, or 100 yrs is really a moot point. Something will give.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Population growth has declined mainly due to the abrupt decline in the global total fertility rate, from 5.0 in 1960 to 2.3 in 2020.[5] The decline in the total fertility rate has occurred in every region of the world and is a result of a process known as demographic transition.
Source Wikipedia https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pop...ainly,process known as demographic transition.
I could post many more sources Wikipedia does that for you

So to say the earth is overpopulated as of 2022 is a myth
Can our natural resources like farm land or water supply sustatain a global increase I don't know that answer but I do know just by researching on global population increase that worlds fertility rates are decreasing in all industrialized nations.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the birth rate in native Germans right now is .6 births per family. The birth rate in Germany for Muslim immigrants is seven per family. Dont just look at industrialized nations, or specific groups of people. The birth rate in the United States is low, but the immigrants and the welfare parasites are breeding like flies. Infertility is suspected to be linked to chemicals and plastic drinking bottles is high on the suspect list. So if your drinking from pottery and living off grid fertility may be high.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the birth rate in native Germans right now is .6 births per family. The birth rate in Germany for Muslim immigrants is seven per family. Dont just look at industrialized nations, or specific groups of people. The birth rate in the United States is low, but the immigrants and the welfare parasites are breeding like flies. Infertility is suspected to be linked to chemicals and plastic drinking bottles is high on the suspect list. So if your drinking from pottery and living off grid fertility may be high.

Already been discussed bud so the solution is to bring people from shit hole areas of the planet to fill in the void of future voters and cheap labor source. But like you said the ethnic groups Germans is .6 hence the reason for immigration

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The workers dont have the time or the energy for breeding where as the lice screw like rabbits so they can keep the vote in their favor. LB

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had some time between pump checks and did some snooping around on this issue. Just a list of what's been torched or damaged in the past couple years that has to do with food production, food processing, and food distribution. It's quite a list and for the big ones like General Mills and Tyson, it's just one plant or facility, but still impacts the bigger picture. It wouldn't peak my interest if they were just warehouses or storage facilities as those can be replaced in a couple months. It's the processing plants that carry the weight IMO. Those are years to replace assuming you can find the supplies, equipment, and other pieces needed to get them back up and running.

Some of the food processing plants that went up in flames:

Azure Standard Foods
Bonanza Meat Co.
Cargill-Nutrena Feed Mill
Deli Star
East Conway Beef and Pork
General Mills
Idaho’s Gem State Processing Facility
JBS
Louis Dreyfus Company, largest soybean processing and biodiesel plant in the country
Maid-Rite Steak Co.
Maricopa Food Pantry
McCrum Potato Facility
Nestle
Nutrien Ag Solutions Fertilizer Plant
Raw Farm, largest raw milk producer in the country
Rio Fresh
Shearer’s Foods
Smithfield Foods
Taylor Farms
Tyson
Wisconsin River Meats

Another to add to the list
atrcAv2Ypdw0.jpg
Read an article on OTF carrying freight saying that if pricing doesn't in increase on freight many drivers are going to quit.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
What collapse is he speaking of?

- - - Updated - - -

Someone up there thread mentioned this latest storm as being the reason for the empty shelves, the shelve in Mandan Walmart have been way way emptier ever since Covid and have continually seem to be getting worse. I listen economists fairly regularly and they all say we haven’t even seen the effects of the food shortages yet. This year is gonna be the real killer. Things are gonna be pretty rough by this fall.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
What collapse is he speaking of?

- - - Updated - - -

Someone up there thread mentioned this latest storm as being the reason for the empty shelves, the shelve in Mandan Walmart have been way way emptier ever since Covid and have continually seem to be getting worse. I listen economists fairly regularly and they all say we haven’t even seen the effects of the food shortages yet. This year is gonna be the real killer. Things are gonna be pretty rough by this fall.

He is talking about something similar to what I referred to on post #46

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
Take a look at how indoor agriculture is growing. It starts with high end designer foods and will evolve into certain staples. Stack the racks high and get a bigger crop for the same amount of land. There is only so much arable land and clean fresh water. Indoor agriculture reduces the needs on both counts.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
^^^^^ totally agree with this idea just think if arizona for an example built huge greenhouses out in the desert to grow our vegetables. Hydroponics could be utilized to produce crops without the waste of valuable water in a continuous recycling process. The greenhouses could be powered by solar panels. This idea is limitless as to how much food could be grown in a environment that can me regulated year round for optimum production. I wish I had a gazillion dollars to spend on a idea like this.
TQtERFM7w83H.jpg
Well since msm decided to fact check this conspiracy theory, we can all pretty much guarantee that something or someone is deliberately destroying these food processing plants. Every story MSM has tried to debunk since Trump got into office has turned out true. Including the California fires being created by "environmentalists" trying to drum up their climate change base.

- - - Updated - - -

Time to start stocking up on canned goods pepes

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
In Econo Foods in Wahpeton I have noticed the pasta type food is almost always gone. Its a cheap way to feed a family on a tight food budget. LB

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
All i know is in the last 3 weeks --- the shelves are so full they are stocking the floor. Stock market down - up the inventory. Interest rate up inventory up. Walk in scheels - they are unloading box after box after box of shit. Scheels is the new bass pro shops - without sale prices. Even 13th ave Wallly world - it has been for ever since i seen that type of invnetory. L and M, Menards shit they all had boxes on the floor and they were not busy. I even walked in the local lund dealer and guess what they had boats and alot more than what i thought i was going to see. Johnny Morris is the only shop in town without boats. Outlet they have so many toons and boats they dont have room for em.

Give us 2 full percentage points up fed. We need the same with the vehicles and homes and were set.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
I read in the news a couple days ago another mass chicken facility went up in flames. Isn't that the fourth or fifth operation in the past five months that has gone up in smoke?

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
PS never heard of these clothing brands sheels is wielding. Somebody will buy one and then it will be this is better than Simms; when in reality its the same chinese shit Simms is and cheaper wholesale by 75%.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess I’ll start having to pellet gun some invasive collared doves to survive.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
I read in the news a couple days ago another mass chicken facility went up in flames. Isn't that the fourth or fifth operation in the past five months that has gone up in smoke?

I love smoked chicken!!!

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well, since a quarter of the population is now gay, or trans, or some other thing ??? and another quarter wants to abort all their children, and as a result many of the rest of us are scared to bring children into the world, the population should see a decline soon and there will lessmouths to feed.

Oh, wait - this ^^^^ is all just in the U.S. where all of the most bizarre shit you could dream up is celebrated. I like chicken but not as much as bacon.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79