Bowfishing near fargo

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone had some info on areas to bowfish around the Fm area. Ive been taking it up the past couple years out in minnesota, but want to see if I can shoot some close to home. Obviously the red and sheyenne come through fargo, but i have yet to lay my eyes on a carp. In not looking for exact spots (unless of course you), but just a general idea of what to look for and where. Also I do dispose of my fish properly and am open to any information you have. Thanks

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Haven't done it for years but flooded road ditches along rivers are great!! Especially after the flood waters start to recede a bit.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Lake Tewaukon in southeast ND a lot of big carp in that system. But its 85 miles from Fargo. If interested pm me and I will go into more detail. LB

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was a bowfishing freak in Dickinson/Bismarck in 70s/80s. Loved it.

Fargo blows for opportunities. Some good night action in MN and Tewaukon as mentioned - but local rivers are meh at best.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm sure you are well practiced, but one needs to be able to recognize species before shooting. I've seen plenty of very big walleye in extremely shallow water in the wee hours of the morning.

Sorry I don't have any tips near Fargo....I echo the "ditches" mentioned earlier. It seems this might be a good year to do it!

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was talking to my boy last night and he mentioned that he saw someone bowfishing along highway 40th Ave. NW (AKA highway 20) Just west of the new Amazon. The guy had one stuck when he drove by so they are there.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74