Abortion?

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I think there should more more abortions carried out and encouraged for people that shouldn’t have kids. There should be a planned parenthood in every low income neighborhood and make them completely free! This world doesn’t need any more meth head babies and poor shitty parents that infect our society with their off spring. Of course there are exceptions out there of people who have over come poverty or being a drug baby, but its not like I’m saying we should mandate abortions. Give them more welfare to keep them from having kids, it will be money well spent. And less democrat voters……

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
In the context of the paragraph with it pertaining to the subject of an abortion, but maybe with the exception of the subject of a baby that developed with a hole in its head. The jury is still out on that one until espringers can provide us with a source on this anomaly.

this is the medical term https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/15032-anencephaly

I took it as he was watching tv and seen that scenario and used it to add to this conversation.

I have a friend who had a baby with a medical condition that the baby would not have lived through birth and she had a better chance of dieing than living if carried full term. In cases like that the decision in my mind is easy you always save the living.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Did someone say no one has ever died from pregnancy? You gotta be smoking dope to say such a thing!!! There is actually even medical term for it - maternal mortality. It includes deaths from complications of pregnancy and childbirth. I’m not using this info in any way to argue about abortion but to whoever said no one has ever died from pregnancy well, that’s as wrong as a statement can get.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks kurtr but I didn't read anything in the article you provided that stated that the mother was going to have life threatening complications from the undeveloped fetus brain fluid leakage. The article said that either two scenarios happen a miscarriage or stillbirth, so what I gather from the article is the mothers life is not jeopardize from an anencephaly type pregnancy and espringers must of interpreted two totally different scenarios.

- - - Updated - - -

Did someone say no one has ever died from pregnancy? You gotta be smoking dope to say such a thing!!! There is actually even medical term for it - maternal mortality. It includes deaths from complications of pregnancy and childbirth. I’m not using this info in any way to argue about abortion but to whoever said no one has ever died from pregnancy well, that’s as wrong as a statement can get.
I did again even by your example of maternal mortality there are two example Direct obstetric deaths are causes of death due to complications of pregnancy, birth or termination. For example, these could range from severe bleeding to obstructed labor, for which there are highly effective interventions.[8][1] Indirect obstetric deaths are caused by pregnancy interfering or worsening an existing condition, like a heart problem.[1]

Better clarification would be that the fetus directly caused the mothers life to be in danger not by way of unforeseen complications due to hemorrhaging blood loss, which if I'm not mistaken is preventable or a mothers underlying health issues.
So again tell me how are those examples justifications for termination of a pregnancy, they are not directly affected by the fetus.

- - - Updated - - -

Another quick example would be: if a person was to have his leg taken of becuase he felt that his leg was actually presumed to be someone else's leg. There is a mental disorder that is an actual medical diagnosis even though the leg is his in his mind if he doesn't get his leg cut off he will die. As far as what I have been told there has never been a instance of a case where a mother would have died from direct complications of a fetus. Both examples in my opinion are caused by mental health issues.

- - - Updated - - -

I see where my original post could be seen as confusing and should have originally stated complications caused by the fetus, instead of saying complications of pregnancy which is too broad of an example for justification for an abortion.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know of two women who had strokes due to pregnancy induced high blood pressure, meaning they didn't have high blood pressure before pregnancy or afterwards.

Of course, one of them died from her stroke, so I guess it would be reasonable to assume her blood pressure is not high. The other is permanently debilitated from her stroke.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know of two women who had strokes due to pregnancy induced high blood pressure, meaning they didn't have high blood pressure before pregnancy or afterwards.

Of course, one of them died from her stroke, so I guess it would be reasonable to assume her blood pressure is not high. The other is permanently debilitated from her stroke.

You mean like examples by hypertension, diabetes, or low platelets causing thinning of the blood, of course those can all cause serious problems during a pregnancy, but they are not caused by the fetus.
Maybe I should explain again another way, let's say that the fetus is a cancer cluster that if the fetus is not removed in could spread to other areas of the body and kill the mother.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I know one of the gals of which Allen speaks. Her stroke would not have happened had she not been pregnant. Her stroke was in every sense of the description “a complication of pregnancy”. Other women have died from complications directly related to pregnancy, including but not limited to the process of child birth. This is not make believe. You simply had bad intel…No harm, no foul…but you gotta cut your losses and no longer defend that statement. I’ve had to do the same…as have we all I’m sure at one time or another.

If you meant to say a fetus has never been the cause of death of a pregnant mother…well that is a stretch too because everything about the pregnancy is directly tied to the fetus. Comparing a fetus or pregnancy to cancer…that is pretty far out in the rhubarb. Oh well…it is a beautiful morning outside. A great day to be alive if you ask me!

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know one of the gals of which Allen speaks. Her stroke would not have happened had she not been pregnant. Her stroke was in every sense of the description “a complication of pregnancy”. Other women have died from complications directly related to pregnancy, including but not limited to the process of child birth. This is not make believe. You simply had bad intel…No harm, no foul…but you gotta cut your losses and no longer defend that statement. I’ve had to do the same…as have we all I’m sure at one time or another.

If you meant to say a fetus has never been the cause of death of a pregnant mother…well that is a stretch too because everything about the pregnancy is directly tied to the fetus. Comparing a fetus or pregnancy to cancer…that is pretty far out in the rhubarb. Oh well…it is a beautiful morning outside. A great day to be alive if you ask me!

Your last sentence speaks volumes. I see what you did there.

My youngest and oldest daughters sitting on the deck, talking about spring. The little one is only five, but she sure is glad to be alive. My stance on abortion is pretty clear.

sisters.jpg

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
One thing I've learned in my 50 plus years is this.....This is a HOT topic. Politically, it can be damaging no matter what side you are on. I do know this, both sides will capitalize politically if they can. This current SCOTUS decision could not have come at a worse time for Republicans. IMO....It looked to be a total and complete disaster for Dems this fall at the ballot box. But this issue could could swing key races and hurt the Republicans.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
One thing I've learned in my 50 plus years is this.....This is a HOT topic. Politically, it can be damaging no matter what side you are on. I do know this, both sides will capitalize politically if they can. This current SCOTUS decision could not have come at a worse time for Republicans. IMO....It looked to be a total and complete disaster for Dems this fall at the ballot box. But this issue could could swing key races and hurt the Republicans.

This is probably the exact reason it was leaked...to change the narrative of the disaster occupying the White House. Take some voters minds off of inflation, gas prices, illegal immigration numbers, supply chain shortages, etc etc etc.
I don't doubt COVID will be making a comeback this fall and outlaw in person voting.

Last edited:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Biden said this maga group is the most dangerous group we have had in America for decades. I dont recall the "maga" crowd burning down cities, or rioting and stealing, however it plays well on the news wheel, and will have impacts this round of elections.
Should have been a red wave, now it plays differently.

I do not believe in abortion, nor would I want to be any part of it, just for the record.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member

I would say that anybody who believes this "leak" or the timing of the "leak" was an accident, is not paying attention.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member

The doctor told my father he shoukd be preparing a funeral for both my mother and I. He said the chances of either living was 1/50,000. My mother lived to 92 and here I am being a pain in the neck for all of you.::laughing::

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
juanr,

quote;Biden said this maga group is the most dangerous group we have had in America for decades. I dont recall the "maga" crowd burning down cities, or rioting and stealing, however it plays well on the news wheel, and will have impacts this round of elections.

Agree with this 100%,besides if biden says anything it's either a lie or bullshit,the man is a total POS fraud.

However I am ""PRO CHOICE" not that it matters,this bulling get's tire some no matter the cause.

Last edited:

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member

I honestly don't think so. It may swing a couple house races, but not nearly enough impact to slow their bleeding. When people get polled on whether Roe should be upheld, it's because they don't understand Roe because the media has lied to them their whole lives. Most people still think that removing Roe will make abortions illegal across the US; that's all been very well proven with polling data. Once this ruling goes through and nothing really changes for over half the country, and even red states have clauses allowing most of the circumstances listed in this thread (rape and incest, protection of mother's life, before 6 weeks), it'll be nothing. And swing state republicans are likely to run on those more accepted circumstances. The democratic party is going to have to swing a pile of middle aged independent voters on some hypothetical abortion rhetoric against the fact that voter is now earning significantly less than they were last year b/c of Biden's inflation. Or that the local school board is now cramming down CRT and gender nonsense on their kids. Or that they're now paying for the fuck boy down the road to go to college.

This reverts to state policy - congress people and senators have no control over the future of abortion in America (other than future SCOTUS picks or if one party holds a supermajority which hopefully I never see in my lifetime) but they do have control over this agenda that Biden is implementing that he lied about. State level races may be effected a little bit.

The people who care deeply about this are relegated to two separate sides of the political isle and it's the minority of both sides of the political isles. The abortion radicals are going to vote how they're going to vote. Polling data puts this issue WAY down the list for independent voters. I can scroll through my social media and see my female friends that are posting up pro abortion stuff and I know for a fact each and every one of them will still be voting red in November except for a couple that have never voted red in their life.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member

The last paragraph is kind of what I'm referring I don't know the woman Allen was using as an example. I also am not a doctor so I wouldn't know if there are drugs that can be administered to the mother to be used if she has elevated blood pressure. I don't know if the woman who had a stroke had other underlying conditions caused by poor health decisions. I dont know if the stroke happened during what trimester, But we can all agree that science hasn't given us definitive diagnosis to effectively say that you are going to have a stroke (life threatening ailments) if you decide to keep this baby, and without that prognosis no doctor is gong to give that woman an ultimatum either you have a procedure to abort the fetus or you will take the chances that you could die from a stroke.
So many what ifs and if Roe vs Wade was given on that vary basis as to the fetus directly cuasing bodily harm to the mother, the constitution in fact protects such humans from that very scenario. But Roe vs Wade is all about one's liberty or freedom by the way of due process not a life threatening complications caused by the fetus directly

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a suspicion this leak will be tied to the newest judge. No evidence just speculation based on record.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i am unable to find the blurb/interview from the news story i mentioned. we had drinks with another couple last night and the wife of that couple saw it yesterday morning. she thought it was on valley news live. she also can't find it online. regardless, i don't think i need "proof" of the story lunk. a simple google search whilst looking for the one i watched literally turned up 100 if not 1000s of folks sharing similar type stories

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have a suspicion this leak will be tied to the newest judge. No evidence just speculation based on record.

My thoughts exactly sv,new gal couldn't answer yes or no question's couldn't define what a women is...unqualified turd in the rough,listening to Ted Cruz last night he was fired up over this leak and swore they would find the source,his words possible scotus or they're copy ppl,about 12 possible suspects.

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
When my wife and I went through the years long torture known as IVF, the amount of paperwork we had to sign, legal docs. etc. was expansive. In that paperwork was what we could and couldn't do with the embryos. I do recall the doctors saying that we would have to make a decision on what to do with the leftover embryos if the IVF did work and if it didn't work. Turns out we ended up using all of them and didn't have to make that decision. If anybody has questions about IVF let me know as I have REAL LIFE experience. Not just hear-say.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 113
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69