Abortion?

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
Grrenhorn, until the child is born point 4 voids your argument.
As to the Justices' claim abortion has no historical context, Ben Franklin published a proven abortion technique in one of his books. At the time abortion was not even controversial. So that negates that argument.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Grrenhorn, until the child is born point 4 voids your argument.
As to the Justices' claim abortion has no historical context, Ben Franklin published a proven abortion technique in one of his books. At the time abortion was not even controversial. So that negates that argument.

Not the same bud, ben Franklin's so called remedy to abort a fetus was done through the use of certain herbs, blood letting, or josalating vigorously.
What the scotus was looking for was something much different and that was the using an actually medical procedure where you are guaranteed a removal of a fetus.
http://americancreation.blogspot.com/2012/04/founding-fathers-and-abortion-in.html?m=1
https://slate.com/news-and-politics...ican-instructor-textbook-abortion-recipe.html
So as you can see these procedures you are referring to were not supported by any medical profession to safely and effectively remove a fetus.
The first actual medical abortions were not till 1979 which was a whole 6 years after the passing of Roe vs Wade in 1973.
And that is the exact definition the scotus were referring to

- - - Updated - - -

z8ZqiP9sN3PV.jpg
The leaker has been identified

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was I near the target Lunker?

Also, watching the protests outside the court and can't help noticing most of these pronouns are in no danger of being impregnated via penis.

Last edited:

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
What they need to do is allow abortion to week 4264 so we can legally abort Pelosi, Biden, AOC, and all the other stupid liberals that are in favor of killing babies.

I was never supposed to know, wish I didn't, but it came out unexpectedly that a friend of my sister had an abortion in college. How it all came out is she had my sister take her to the clinic in Fargo and I think there were some charges to my sisters credit card that my parents seen and the rest is history I guess. The father at the time was a friend of mine, while we're not close friends anymore still see each other from time to time. He is a good dad to the kids he has now, a very proud father, I often wonder if he was ever told about the pregnancy and what he would think if he knew what happened. My sisters friend that had the abortion also is now a good mother to 3 kids, I also wonder if she looks at the three beautiful kids she has now and thinks about the one she had aborted so it didn't effect her life at the time. This was all 20+ years ago and I've never told a soul about knowing any of this.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
What they need to do is allow abortion to week 4264 so we can legally abort Pelosi, Biden, AOC, and all the other stupid liberals that are in favor of killing babies.

I was never supposed to know, wish I didn't, but it came out unexpectedly that a friend of my sister had an abortion in college. How it all came out is she had my sister take her to the clinic in Fargo and I think there were some charges to my sisters credit card that my parents seen and the rest is history I guess. The father at the time was a friend of mine, while we're not close friends anymore still see each other from time to time. He is a good dad to the kids he has now, a very proud father, I often wonder if he was ever told about the pregnancy and what he would think if he knew what happened. My sisters friend that had the abortion also is now a good mother to 3 kids, I also wonder if she looks at the three beautiful kids she has now and thinks about the one she had aborted so it didn't effect her life at the time. This was all 20+ years ago and I've never told a soul about knowing any of this.

I suspect this is far more common than any of us would care to believe. Otherwise good people have chose to abort a pregnancy, often because they were simply not prepared for children at that point in their life, and they proved themselves correct by being otherwise good citizens and parents some years later.

Like I've said before, this is a damn personal topic for many and I don't pretend to even want to exert any kind of control over their lives.

- - - Updated - - -

FWIW, I know two women who have had an abortion (neither of which were mine), and I can't even imagine their lives if they didn't have the abortion. Even putting it up for adoption would have immeasurable consequences on their eventual outcomes.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I also know three people, 2 guys and 1 gal, who would have been parents at the age of 17-20 but went the route of abortion instead. I lost touch with the gal so no clue what she’s up to today. Both guys are now older, married, each has one child, and are they are great parents.

I bet most of us know someone (whether we know it or don’t know it) who made this choice. That doesn’t make it any more right or wrong…I’m just saying.

I also know (off the top of my head) 6 really close friends who chose to have their child when they were faced with a pregnancy between the ages of 15 and 18…long before they were ready for it. With the help of their parents they did their best. They all struggled and none of them (no surprise) are still with the other parent of the child. All had a hell of a time with co-parenting, especially getting along with the other parent of the child and with the child support and custody arrangements. However, a couple of those children have turned out to be phenomenal people…all grown up now and making everyone involved very proud. The grandparents played a HUGE part in this and the outcome was only this good in my opinion because of them. It is so good for a child to be surrounded by a loving, supportive family beyond just two parents. A couple of the others kids did not turn out so well. One is in prison. Another is just perpetually on the struggle bus and is not going to be getting off it any time soon.

An interesting caveat…ONLY 2 of those 6 folks ever went on to have more children.

Anyway, you just never know. I can only say no two situations are the same and I, like Allen, would not want to be calling the shots for them and am very glad I never had to be involved in a choice like this. Without a doubt, I was as irresponsible as can be in my younger day and I definitely put myself in the position where I COULD HAVE BEEN faced with the same situation. It just never happened and with the beautiful family I have now, I’m very thankful it didn’t.

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I never knew it but I have a sister who had an abortion, and there is no doubt had I known I would have been talking her out of it, she was an adult and probably thought at the time that this is a better option. See my parents were really young when they got married, believe or not my mom was only 15 when she had me in 75. The worst part is I have never talked to my sister about it becuase she is a very personal person. I had 2 classmates who had thier first born while in high-school, so yeah abortion is not the answer ever imo we were put on this planet to have children. Taking away the option of an abortion in the red states is going to have to address some of these concerns I believe pertaining to personal life choices and the first is taking responsibility for one's choices.
Also crazy Biden was one of the senators who voted against abortions believe it ot not.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
However I am ""PRO CHOICE" not that it matters,this bulling get's tire some no matter the cause.

No, you're not "Pro-Choice". You're PRO-DEATH. The opposite of "Pro-Life".

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did you read the demoncraps are trying to push through a bill in the senate to help legalize abortion on the federal level up to the 3rd trimester. It won't pass but atleast they will be able to rally the voters come midterms. That's why this leak was so bad it gave the demoncraps a rallying cry nothing more. Funny thing is now it my body my choice in a blink of an eye, the party of unmorality in full regalia.

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Did you read the demoncraps are trying to push through a bill in the senate to help legalize abortion on the federal level up to the 3rd trimester. It won't pass but atleast they will be able to rally the voters come midterms. That's why this leak was so bad it gave the demoncraps a rallying cry nothing more. Funny thing is now it my body my choice in a blink of an eye, the party of unmorality in full regalia.

As I outlined in a previous post, it will likely do nothing for midterms. Chuck Schumer is such a moron and so extreme that what little opportunity he had here he will piss it right down his leg. The bill as written will allow abortion practically until birth. Numbers show that the amount of people that are in support of that is close to single digits. He is doing nothing but giving Republicans more ammo by forcing democrats to vote on this disaster bill.

A recent yougov poll found that:
21% of people would ban abortion completely
An additional 20% of people would ban it at heartbeat (6 weeks)
An additional 13% would ban after first trimester (13 weeks)
An additional 10% would ban after 15 weeks.

So 64% percent of people are for more strict abortion rules than are currently outlined in Roe. Again, the reason that there is so much outrage here is because people don't understand what the ruling is. That's why we keep hearing that 70% or whatever people are in favor of Roe; b/c they don't understand it (most literally believe reversing Roe outlaws abortion nationwide). The best thing that could've happened is this coming out a couple months early. The way our news moves, no one will even remember this in 6 months (especially when people realize not much is going to change).

The nice thing about this discussion is that we will get to find out in 6 months.

Last edited:

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don’t have much faith or trust in polls anymore wj. I mean look at the response just in this thread. Way more people saying they want no part in making the decision on if someone else can have an abortion and that’s on a mostly conservative outdoors website. I don’t get the warm and fuzzy’s out of this leak like you do I don’t think.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Basically Roe vs Wade gave abortion protection under federal law, also believe that abortion was protected at first to 23 weeks but of course some blue states including new York supported up till birth.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
No, you're not "Pro-Choice". You're PRO-DEATH. The opposite of "Pro-Life".

Again bullying get's old,who are you to decide? individual right to choose.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member

Far from bullying IMO.

You want to talk bullying? I'm guessing the babies that get their heads ripped off with forceps might have a case for "bullying".

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member

No bullying but I will make 1 last plea. How can we think of killing a baby as an acceptable choice? You can't eliminate your parents, friends, etc. because you don't like them, or want them or hadn't planned for them so why is it OK to kill a baby? I feel like acceptance is from a onslaught of desensitization over the years. There are certain things that are wrong or right no matter how many times we are told otherwise. And the "choice" is made before the pregnancy....after the pregnancy has happened, there are still choices but killing the baby should not be one of them: Keep, it, let the dad raise it, give it up for adoption or ask parents for help....there are alot of choices. I bet we could come up with other choices if abortion was not at the top of the list. How about accepting the pregnancy as responsibility for ones actions versus looking for a quick fix at the expense of the babies life. And I am not talking about the 1% of pregnancies where the mother's health is at risk or the result of rape, I am thinking of the 99%. Take care, man.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
This happened in California: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Laci_Peterson

Laci Denise Peterson (born Rocha; May 4, 1975 – December 24, 2002)[SUP][1][/SUP] was an American woman who was the subject of a highly publicized murder case after she disappeared while eight months pregnant with her first child. She was reportedly last seen alive on December 24, 2002.
Her husband, Scott Peterson, was later convicted of first-degree murder for her death, and second-degree murder for the death of their unborn son Conner. Since his conviction, Peterson has been housed at San Quentin State Prison,[SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][3][/SUP] though his death sentence was overturned on August 24, 2020.[SUP][4][/SUP] He was re-sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole on December 8, 2021.[SUP][5]

So here in blue, lib, dem California a guy was convicted of a double homicide when he killed his wife and their unborn baby also died.
Go figure.
[/SUP]

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
^^^^^^^
This is my take, why do you get charged with 2 murders when the woman is carrying a child? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member

It's not bullying, it's stating the facts. You're either "Pro-Life" or you're "Pro-Death", there's no 3rd, 4th, or 5th outcome.

That some have tried to soften "Death" into "Choice" doesn't change the facts even a little bit.

You might not like hearing that you're Pro-Death, but, you're Pro-Death.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75