Abortion?

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I believe it's the woman's right to choose,what about "rape" victims/incest.

Last edited:

Walleye202

Founding Member
Founding Member
Another issue to stir us up and take the focus away from the "real" issues. I also believe its a woman's right to choose but will say we have MUCH bigger issues facing this country.

Greenhorn

Honored Member
Very simple: The active and intentional killing of innocent people is always wrong. Abortion actively and intentionally kills an innocent person. Therefore abortion is always wrong.

If the leaked SCOTUS ruling actually comes to fruition, my family and I will be very happy to live in a state that will preserve the right to life for unborn children.

I am happy and willing to present biological and philosophical arguments affirming the humanity, personhood, and dignity of unborn children as well as countering bodily rights arguments in favor of abortion. Let me know if you would like to discuss.

- - - Updated - - -

Also remember that this is a draft opinion that was leaked. Nothing has been ruled on yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Lastly, for anyone that has been wounded by abortion in their lives, there are programs to help heal: https://www.rachelsvineyard.org/

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
They estimate weve killed 60,000,000 babies since RvW, seems like a fairly big issue. I really feel the biological father should have a say whenever an abortion is considered. Maybe take a vote, the mother gets one, the father gets one and the baby gets one...

I think a reasonable compromise is no abortions once a heartbeat is detectable, that gives a woman essentially 30 days after conception to determine if she wants to abort the fetus. With the availability of birth control these days, and morning after pills widely available, 30 days is plenty of time to make a decision about keeping a baby. There are plenty of people willing to adopt so if parents dont want to keep a baby, there are less than lethal measures available to relieve themselves of that burden.

On a side note, I strongly feel that all fathers should by default get joint custody of the children they created, unless there is GOOD reason that they shouldnt be allowed custody, like in the case of rape or mental instability, etc.... Then if a mother wants to give away her child, the father would have the choice of keeping it himself, before strangers would get involved.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe it's the woman's right to choose,what about "rape" victims.

Does the human life being ended know or care if it was conceived by a rape?

That being said, I'm pro-choice. Abortion is legalized murder. You're not a citizen until birth. Technically, (legally) the life inside the womb is not life yet. Yes I know it is I'm just looking at it like the law could or does.

I'm pro-death. I believe in assisted suicide for those suffering and want to end it. Hell, lets expand abortion to the the 90th trimester.....Kidding......Kinda.

But abortion is murder, in my eyes. God will judge you, but not the courts. yet for most states

Greenhorn

Honored Member
Does the human life being ended know or care if it was conceived by a rape?

That being said, I'm pro-choice. Abortion is legalized murder. You're not a citizen until birth. Technically, (legally) the life inside the womb is not life yet. Yes I know it is I'm just looking at it like the law could or does.

I'm pro-death. I believe in assisted suicide for those suffering and want to end it. Hell, lets expand abortion to the the 90th trimester.....Kidding......Kinda.

But abortion is murder, in my eyes. God will judge you, but not the courts. yet for most states

Acceptance for murder (your words) because government says it's okay is a strange position to take.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, I'm strange.....I take logic out way to far, its a fault.

I see the real issue as UNWANTED PREGNANCY! Eliminate that, and abortion will never be an issue. We just need someway to end all the unwanted pregnancies. With today's birth control, there is really no reason for many. No matter how innocent you think your little darlings are, have them get the shot that lasts for a year. If we would teach how tragic it is to kill babies (by abortion) and push that narrative, like they push LGBTQYXYZXPTN, and SHAME or cancel anyone who does it, that would be a start. Again, end unwanted pregnancies, and abortion will be forgotten.

Greenhorn

Honored Member
Right, the legal battle is just a step in the movement. We don't just want it illegal - we want it unthinkable.

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yes, I'm strange.....I take logic out way to far, its a fault.

I see the real issue as UNWANTED PREGNANCY! Eliminate that, and abortion will never be an issue. We just need someway to end all the unwanted pregnancies. With today's birth control, there is really no reason for many. No matter how innocent you think your little darlings are, have them get the shot that lasts for a year. If we would teach how tragic it is to kill babies (by abortion) and push that narrative, like they push LGBTQYXYZXPTN, and SHAME or cancel anyone who does it, that would be a start. Again, end unwanted pregnancies, and abortion will be forgotten.

It's called "ABSTINENCE". But everything from TV and advertising has turned society into high sexism and hormone enraged people. Our tombstone reflects the dad of our birth outside the womb...and our death is when our heartbeat stops. But our actual bodily life is actually or typically 8-9 months longer than our tombstone. Creation of a heartbeat is a gift from God! 66 million abortions...sure would have been nice to have 66 million more people in the workforce...or even half that. Just my .02!

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
While I realize this ruling would simply just transfer the decision to make abortions legal or illegal to each state…the number 66 million or whatever it was jumps out at me.

Yes, that is 66 million lives that were willfully discontinued. That is murder in my mind and is unthinkable and atrocious. It is 66 million unwanted pregnancies. Had they not been terminated I’m going out on a limb and saying most of them would then have been unwanted children and you don’t have to read too far into the headlines every day to see how that goes. Most of them also then unfortunately become more spokes in the multigenerational wheel of dependency and assistance and guess what often comes next…

I’m torn on this issue. I have three beautiful children that I could not imagine life without so how a parent could not want the blessing of a child is beyond me, but with my own two eyes I’ve seen what happens when an unwanted pregnancy turns into an unwanted child and the parent is not mature enough or willing to choose parenting over their own continued personal gratification. So I’m left thinking about what is worse - 66 million terminated pregnancies that were unwanted or 66 million children of which a large portion remain unwanted. It’s awful either way. It absolutely guts me though when I read a story about a child who is abused, neglected, abandoned, assaulted, molested, tortured, murdered, and everything in between by THEIR OWN PARENT who never wanted them in first place. Those stories are the ones that make abortion a much more complicated issue to me than simply “pro-life” vs. “pro-choice.”

It will never happen, but Rowdie is right in theory…solve the problem of unwanted pregnancies. Unfortunately, like most problems of the world this one is too far gone.

Last edited:

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was adopted at the age of 2 1/2 months in May of 1947. I believe that more education would good. And I maybe wrong but I believe adoption was easier back then than it is now. So I have to a special 'THANK YOU' to my birth Mom for her choice.

I refuse to get into a pissin match so that is all I have to say.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
yes its the womans choice but should she be able to abort at 8 months?? seems to me somebody is making allot of money off abortion and baby parts.

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Currently there are 37 people waiting on the adoption list for every one child adopted. Watching close friends and family ride the adoption roller coaster for years with empty arms praying for a child makes me believe them numbers are every bit true.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have two uncles and my very own father who are adopted.

It is a great option but apparently the process is so legally and financially burdensome these days that many couples who want to adopt are unable to do so.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member

It is a great option but apparently the process is so legally and financially burdensome these days that many couples who want to adopt are unable to do so.

EXACTLY. More government makes a burdensome system.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Crazy what it costs to try and adopt nowadays. My daughter and her husband have been waiting 2 years already and were told it could be 3-5 years yet. They would like a new born or close to that, which might hinder the adoption process.
Personally I don't believe in abortions but I will leave that up to the individual.
Another thing is they claim it isn't alive until it is born but say the pregnant mother is killed, they claim then that it was 2 murders, not just 1. I guess they can have it both ways when they make the laws.

Greenhorn

Honored Member

Yeah there is definitely need for those systems to improve. However, it is something that abortion access would not help to improve.

Silver

When we were young weren't we taught by our parents to be responsible for our decisions?

When we were in school, weren't we taught by teachers and administrators to be responsible for our decisions?

When I drive 70 mph in a 50 mph zone and get stopped........I made the choice to drive over the speed limit.

Same with getting pregnant.......Be responsible for your decisions.....don't kill a child!

I also agree that the father should have a say before an abortion.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74