SD Nonresident Fishing License ...WOW$$

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
So with the habitat $25 fee it's $96!!! AND they did away with the FAMILY license!!! WTF!! So last year I could fish SD with the wife all year for around $70, and now its almost $200!!!!! F U SD!!

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I guess I had to pay the $25 Habitat fee last year too. What a crock. Oh and why do we still have to pay the $4 agent fee when purchasing online? That seems criminal, Who's the agent and where does all that $$ go?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thats only 1.83 per day. Montana is 117 per person Nebraska is 88 wyoming is 102 . Seems Nd needs to raise their rates as they are only 48 a year. All of that by comparison to hunting is cheap.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
So with the habitat $25 fee it's $96!!! AND they did away with the FAMILY license!!! WTF!! So last year I could fish SD with the wife all year for around $70, and now its almost $200!!!!! F U SD!!

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I guess I had to pay the $25 Habitat fee last year too. What a crock. Oh and why do we still have to pay the $4 agent fee when purchasing online? That seems criminal, Who's the agent and where does all that $$ go?

ND should do same for NR it’s like $47 . Needs to double atleast . Bitch about it and fish in your $50,000 boat … sounds about right

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thats only 1.83 per day. Montana is 117 per person Nebraska is 88 wyoming is 102 . Seems Nd needs to raise their rates as they are only 48 a year. All of that by comparison to hunting is cheap.

That's only if you fish EVERY DAY. Well, she's a tribal member, looks like when she's along we'll fish the west side. She mainly shore fishes with me anyway. We rarely shore fish the east side. Fact is, what used to cost me $70 just a few years ago, is now almost $200

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's only if you fish EVERY DAY. Well, she's a tribal member, looks like when she's along we'll fish the west side. She mainly shore fishes with me anyway. We rarely shore fish the east side. Fact is, what used to cost me $70 just a few years ago, is now almost $200

You mean like filling the boat or pickup w/fuel?

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry but it's about time. Our resident fees grew and grew without much to NR license or tags.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
ND has the best value by far in NR fishing licenses. I pay about $116 for my WY yearly license, and do so happily. If it's only a few days a year, the daily licenses are still cheap. I'd like to see family fishing licenses available though.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
In today's day and age of information availability, I've always thought ND should implement a reciprocity-based NR fishing and hunting license fee structure. Well, mostly for fishing anyway. If it costs $100 for a MN fishing license for a ND resident, it should cost $100 for a MN resident to get a ND fishing license.

I'd have to think that would increase fees going into the NDGF budget. Which in turn makes more money available for policing those same NR's and may even leave a couple bucks available for boat ramp repairs. We've already lost the Maclean Bottoms boat ramp and are only a few years away from seeing Hazelton being abandoned completely by the river. That's going to leave an awful lot of very popular river fishing not accessible from the east.

NG3067

★★ Legendary Member
We've already lost the Maclean Bottoms boat ramp and are only a few years away from seeing Hazelton being abandoned completely by the river. That's going to leave an awful lot of very popular river fishing not accessible from the east.

NDGF should also charge a minimal fee to use boat ramps, use the money for maintenance and cleaning stations.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
NDGF should also charge a minimal fee to use boat ramps, use the money for maintenance and cleaning stations.
Thats probably the stupidest idea I have heard since back when we all were asking for higher license fees in ND. How dumb are we? Not apologizing for being so blunt

NG3067

★★ Legendary Member
Thats probably the stupidest idea I have heard since back when we all were asking for higher license fees in ND. How dumb are we? Not apologizing for being so blunt
Probably is the stupidest idea I could come up with. The only thing free in this world is air, so breath as much as you want. My stupid opinion is that if you can afford a boat, you should be able to afford to pay a minimal fee to ensure we have functional ramps with functional cleaning stations. Just my stupid opinion cause I’m so stupid.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 164
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76