Big Muddy

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
pretty sure the basket was tared out folks. Our big fish of 11.14 weight 11.08 on our hand held scale a few hours after. There arent alot of 32" 8 pound fish swimming around.........there where legit 30" plus pigs weighed like nuts in this one. With eggs i can't imagine what some would have weighed. Just thought i would chime in since i was there.

This is the second year that the basket has been zeroed

My bad, didn't know they finally started taring the basket. Thanks for the info.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Note, that 26" fish I caught yesterday still had her eggs. While I didn't cut her open to verify it, she was fairly plump. Granted, in any given year there is a certain percentage of the fish that end up absorbing their eggs for whatever reason.

Ugly Dogs

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't know the whole story, but from what I heard the biggest fish of the tournament escaped at the dock when the seem of bag broke as the guy was stepping off of his boat to the dock at the weigh in. I was told it was a 31" walleye full of eggs. (Anybody that knows the full story feel free to correct me)

That had to be a lot of money swimming away! Big fish of the tournament, and however many places it cost them in the standings.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't know the whole story, but from what I heard the biggest fish of the tournament escaped at the dock when the seem of bag broke as the guy was stepping off of his boat to the dock at the weigh in. I was told it was a 31" walleye full of eggs. (Anybody that knows the full story feel free to correct me)

That had to be a lot of money swimming away! Big fish of the tournament, and however many places it cost them in the standings.

Unfortunately, it's true. I feel terrible for the guy. He's a good dude and one hell of a fisherman.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member

What what what???

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
That happened?!? That’s awful

- - - Updated - - -

Wonder what his weight woulda been

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
253F1B10-24F0-4620-A5F8-1A51C4A8C831.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

A03AA8AF-5E52-478D-B652-35FF8D14069E.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

43F1C09D-ABCC-45AC-923B-BF5A6874BB87.jpg

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unfortunately, it's true. I feel terrible for the guy. He's a good dude and one hell of a fisherman.

It's not his fault the bag failed. I'd be extremely pizzed...Oh and I didn't see your name in it?? You're a river rat aren't you?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry, my old eyes arn't what they used to be....

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's not his fault the bag failed. I'd be extremely pizzed...Oh and I didn't see your name in it?? You're a river rat aren't you?

Yep, ended in 30th. landed a 24 within the first 30 seconds and it went downhill from there. I did send the sparkle boat airborne when I rounded the corner at merriweathers so that was fun.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member

I'm pretty sure I would have jumped in after it. I'd guess like most released fish, it sat still for a moment. Would have killed me to see it swim away. I mean, depending upon what the $ value was.

For the record, I have not kept a fish yet this year. Also for the record, I've caught less than 10 this entire spring.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
How does one ever stop replaying that moment in their head?

Even copious booze wouldn't help much.

Ugh.

Double ugh.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
How does one ever stop replaying that moment in their head?

Even copious booze wouldn't help much.

Ugh.

Double ugh.
Its the greatest story ever, much more fun to tell then winning a stupid tourney.

Kids it was the best of times, it was the worst of times, story for eternity.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
“and that’s why he’s a mess kids, your grandpa was never quite the same after that”

- - - Updated - - -

“I’ll take you out for ice cream after we visit gramps at the asylum”

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
So why doesnt one TV station cover this event? Some of the bullshit worthless stories they do and you never hear a word about fishing.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75