West Sak: Humminbird

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I have gone through and added the named locations for western Sakakawea. I created the waypoints on Google Earth, then converted that file via HumminbirdPC. I did this for myself and some fishing buddies, so I have also added a few named spots that we made up for ourselves.

sak.jpg
This is what it looks like on Google Earth ^

IMG_4406.jpg
What it looks like on your Humminbird ^

I have also created trails for where some of the sunken roads are/were.

To use: Download this file onto your pc then run it through the HumminbirdPC program:

https://youtu.be/ORJl_bMqG5k?t=157

Then insert the card into your head unit that you primarily use for mapping. It will ask you if you want to upload the waypoints, say yes. The named waypoints will upload as a red cross. The trails will upload as dots, and if you want them to show up as solid lines (like in the pic) you will have to change each of those trails to solid lines on your head unit.

File: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wf9t2575wjurcix/WestSak.gpx?dl=0

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks Vollmer ! that is kind of you to share!
Anyway i can get the just the Google earth KMZ files? I would love to have the info but dont have a humminbird

Thanks Again

Skyler1101

hmm I can't seem to get it to go I have a solix unit and when I put the card in nothing happens I'm also running a lake master chip not sure if that affects it ?

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a Hummingbird but I've never added any locations other than through the unit itself. I'd likely have to have you tell me over the phone. This ol' brain doesn't do the new stuff very well. I don't even think my laptop has an SD card location, either. LOL

v193

Founding Member
Founding Member
where did you find those big maps? I always saw one at the Dam Bar i thought would be cool on the wall.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
thats odd i dont see "slamming salmon" on there...named by my boys for obvious reasons hahaha
we caught a few jacks early one summer on this spot and a nice limit of eyes.

- - - Updated - - -

there also a few of those islands that have different names depending on who you talk to:;:cheers

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76