Who's Ever Doing The Rain Dance.....

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
South central MT has a big flood going. There will be increased flows coming down.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bismarck has only gotten about half an inch in the last few days, could really use more, I dont know why the heavy stuff seems to always go around us...

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Live out by Harmon lake. Yesterday morning dumped .70 out of the rain gauge. Last night and this morning has been a few nice downpours. Will see how much when I get home from work.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bismarck has only gotten about half an inch in the last few days, could really use more, I dont know why the heavy stuff seems to always go around us...
The Bismarck Bubble! It is amazing how frequently rain dissipates or splits right as its getting to Bismarck, only for it to blow back up right after it passes.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone have some trout for the new creek that dug a trench through my yard? 20220614_072556.jpg

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some reports of big wind, heavy rain and power outages from the storm that went through Bis/Man last night. We just caught the edge out by Harmon. Little to no wind loud thunder but .20 of rain was it

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just got a half inch in the mini hurricane and still sprinkling. :;:rockit

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure how much rain we got, but that was some of the most wicked straight-line winds I've ever been in.

Surrounding area NDAWN stations got between 0.5" and 1.5"

I'm always impressed by the thought that those same winds/rains happen in hurricanes - but higher speeds and for a day or two at times. How anything is left after that is amazing. Often times there isn't much left.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Not sure how much rain we got, but that was some of the most wicked straight-line winds I've ever been in.
Just south of Fargo on old highway 81 south of Wild Rice the wind laid down about 2 miles of older highline poles, snapped them right off. Seen this on my way in for radiation. LB

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just south of Fargo on old highway 81 south of Wild Rice the wind laid down about 2 miles of older highline poles, snapped them right off. Seen this on my way in for radiation. LB

I was out at the retriever club between Dilworth and Glyndon when it hit. Saw the storm coming but thought it was going to skirt west. Nope. The creepy thing was the wall of black dirt that got stirred up to the south. I woulda bet money a tornado was forming. Got damn near black and me, the kids and the hounds hunkered in my pickup by the clubhouse until the worst was by us.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 113
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69