Who's Ever Doing The Rain Dance.....

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure what part of Bismarck you live in, but at my house we’ve gotten more rain this year than it seems we’ve gotten in the past two years combined (I know that’s not true…just seems like it). My yard is already lush and green and so are all the yards around me. 18 inches of snow melting into the ground helped also of course but I like the pattern we are in.

I'm 3mi north of town, and I agree with you on the difference over the past two years. It did a number on my lawn as there's no way to run sprinklers on two acres of rural water rates. I ended up double aerating week before last and then reseeded the lawn ten days ago. I hope the germination will occur soon and realize how much I might be able to recover from the blank spots all over the side and back yard.

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did my best to stop it by planting grass last night, usually guarantees no rain for at least a month regardless of what forecast says. Only a sprinkle in DL so far today...

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
had a nice little shot down here at least the grass will be green for a little bit and ponds have some fresh water we will take all the rain you all dont want up there

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
had a nice little shot down here at least the grass will be green for a little bit and ponds have some fresh water we will take all the rain you all dont want up there

Mandan and west still need plenty

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member

I agree...but at least allow the farmers to plant a few acres. We need these crops so all of the wildlife, like deer don't bunch up and spread CWD. Because we all know that even in the winter time, it's just a figment of our imagination when it looks like the deer are bunched up when they are actual just trying to practice "social distancing". :::

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member

Now we're just getting greedy.
Capture.jpg

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
I get the feeling if it stopped raining for 2 weeks we’d be back in red flag warnings and burn bans but what do I know

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
To add some numbers, I received an email just a couple days ago outlining measured water content in the soils under differently managed soils and the average was 3.1 inches of water for each foot of soil going down to 48 inches. That's pretty a pretty impressive reservoir of moisture for the growing season.

- - - Updated - - -

And not many western counties have lifted burn bans yet.

Burn Ban Restrictions & Fire Danger Maps | ND Response

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
So we’re building arks and can’t have a campfire….seems like mixed messaging

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I get the feeling if it stopped raining for 2 weeks we’d be back in red flag warnings and burn bans but what do I know

Thats how i feel to the pot holes will dry up fast and be back to brown. I would rather have it wet so keep the rain coming

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
So we’re building arks and can’t have a campfire….seems like mixed messaging

Right! I have a large pile of downed trees that need to be torched. There's now 6+ inches of green grass surrounding the piles and I'd still like to get it torched as I probably need to start adding to the piles.

I dislike willows and poplars intensely at this point in life.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would be carefull what to ask for Kurt ------- June is when is the month for rain. LRC says rain -- they have been spot on with that thing. I dont even look at long range noaa stuff anymore. They got sucker dialed in. Never know maybe June will come out of it with a big heat blast. I am not holding my breath for that though-- that relentless north wind is a sign

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds great hope June brings it and 70’s is about perfect for running the dog morning and evening.

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Right! I have a large pile of downed trees that need to be torched. There's now 6+ inches of green grass surrounding the piles and I'd still like to get it torched as I probably need to start adding to the piles.

I dislike willows and poplars intensely at this point in life.

Allen, Are you saying that you aren't allowed to burn your brush pile or is it too wet? The map that you posted above indicated that Burleigh County didn't have a burn ban.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Huh, you're right....on both counts. It's finally been lifted here and my wood pile is too wet to burn. Tried to have a fire last night with the kids and it took quite a bit of effort to keep it burning.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got another nice shot of 2 inches last night down here. Ponds are about back to normal now just keep getting some every now and then it’s looking ok. Seen some reports from delta and waterfowl production is up this year . Can’t wait for August lots of local geese.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75