Wild

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
#2 seed in the West. Home Ice. Classic MN team - no fight when it counts.

The teams do know "MN nice" doesn't apply on the ice/court/field?

Oh well - lots of fishing to get after! At least I can relax and listen to the Twins win....

Ugh, never mind. Their true colors are showing too.....

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
ya turned it on watched the blues score and new it wasnt going to be good dissapointing

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bummer they can't get past a first round. Colorado would have beat them anyway but still fun to watch another series.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
It was a very entertaining regular season. Fiala/Gadreau/Boldy line just couldn't find the net in the playoffs. I hope Boldy can put on a little muscle over the summer, he got beat on pretty good over the last 6 games, looked timid @ times. Didn't get the usual scoring out of Foligno/EE/Greenway either.

I too was hoping for a much deeper playoff run.

The upside, they've got some exceptional talent from rookies to veterans. I don't know if they'll be able to keep them all but they have a lot of tools right now. 1-2 scoring defensemen sure would be nice.

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I've watched them religiously all season. This was the best regular season that I have seen. Pretty exciting to watch. Not the usual one or two goals and play boring hockey. For some reason, the Blues kicked their ass every game they played. I was thinking we would turn it up a notch for the playoffs..........guess not. I think this is about what we are going to see until this buyout money is freed up. We will probably lose Fiala because they won't be able to pay him to keep him. I was happy with the regular season, A bit disappointed with the step up playoff push. Go Wild!
Fish On!

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I think the Wild are gonna have a hard time getting better than they were this year without any money. I think Bill Guerin and Coach Evason are a huge plus and a big step in the right direction. They demand team and team winning. I've read some articles that have come out already and the hockey guys are wondering how the heck Guerin is going to make the team better without any money and not having wholesale trades for cheap players. It will be interesting to see how it shapes up. Is this when they slip back to being just mediocre and boring to watch? I sure hope not. By the way, who in the hell gave Parise and Suter the huge long term contracts? Were they that good when they were brought in? Did there stats even come close to Kaprisov or one of the best defensemen, Spurgeon or Brodin? I'm still scratching my head over that one and they are still killing the Wild with the shit contracts still being paid out. Laughing all the way to the bank while collecting 2 checks. Both are still playing.
Fish On! Go Wild!

NG3067

★★ Legendary Member
Maybe it’s just me, but they need to get rid of Dumba. Multiple times every game he gets caught cheating forward creating an odd man rush. When he was hurt they played much better.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe it’s just me, but they need to get rid of Dumba. Multiple times every game he gets caught cheating forward creating an odd man rush. When he was hurt they played much better.

I'm glad I'm not the only non-fan of Dumba. "Scoring" D-men put the puck on net. Dumba does everything he can to work himself into a shooting position, but, he misses the net, a lot. I'd love to see some kind of trade that shuffles Dumba out and allows the Wild to keep Fiala.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
For reasons previously stated, Dumba needs to go. 100% agree.

Jost sure seemed solid to me. Kinda fun to watch a UND kid on the team!

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Dumba's name was one of three talked about right away. Dumba, Fiala and of course Fleury. I just didn't understand the trade for Fleury. Talbot was pretty solid. They traded away a good solid young goalie and didn't see much in return. I thought Talbot should've been playing instead of Fleury. He gives up too many juicy rebounds, I thought. Talbot was interviewed and he admitted to being pissed off about Fleury playing ahead of him. They might just end up without shit for a goalie if they aren't careful. I don't think Talbot will trust them again. He has one year left on his contract and he just might ask for a trade. It's fun to speculate and play armchair GM. :cool: I do have pretty good faith in Guerin and crew.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wouldn’t have brought on Fleury either, I’d rather they kept the kid. Khak and Talbot made a great pair all year.

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I fell into the MN Twins trap in college and have since wised up. I think I heard MSP won a WNBA title not too long ago so there’s always that……
B3A8DCA5-221B-4CD2-8D7C-542A15580C33.jpg

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member

That's one hell of a list! I wonder how this stacks up against other fan bases' lists....

I am not a "recovering MN fan" yet, still holding on to hope that one, just ONE, of them will do something meaningful. I watched the '87 and '91 Twins' seasons so i got a taste....Those were great years (I was 8 and 12 years old - I'm now 43 and waiting for another championship from ANY team not WNBA)

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's one hell of a list! I wonder how this stacks up against other fan bases' lists....

I am not a "recovering MN fan" yet, still holding on to hope that one, just ONE, of them will do something meaningful. I watched the '87 and '91 Twins' seasons so i got a taste....Those were great years (I was 8 and 12 years old - I'm now 43 and waiting for another championship from ANY team not WNBA)

Pretty sure I still have a box of "Twins" Wheaties and a 1st yr "Homer Hankie", somewhere.......

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Last edited:

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
Basketball just aint what it used to be…

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Basketball just aint what it used to be…

I grew up watching the Jordan era....THAT was basketball.

While there's no doubt there's talent in today's NBA, the "flops" and "what????" antics when a ref calls a foul makes it nearly unwatchable. I enjoy Steph Curry's game and those who play similarly. I choked down the T-Wolves series but got really tired of Carl Anthony Towns' theatrics and reckless play with fouls.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75