Tripdown memory

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Lane...since my 69 mopar when up in flames earlier this spring,been on the hunt for another project and came across this old photog....

Glens "pot lot" somewhere in America,cool oldies.

old cars.jpg

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
often thought of coming across a pile of cars like that just waiting for someone to purchase who has no idea what they have. db

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
No kidding. Wish I would have started looking a few years ago for a copy of my college muscle car. Now with the TV shows that feature fixing up these old cars and the televised car auctions the prices have risen significantly. Kind of like Brisket, used to be a cheap cut of meat mostly used to make cheap burger, etc. Then someone decided to cook one

on TV for 12-15 hours and it came out nice and juicy and so tasty. The price then rose to compare with a prime steak.

I'm betting a chance to drive that car again, and possibly a 1/4 mile race, would be as good as slicing and eating that brisket.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lane...since my 69 mopar when up in flames earlier this spring,been on the hunt for another project and came across this old photog....

Glens "pot lot" somewhere in America,cool oldies.

Are you kidding me ? Started on fire ? burned up ? dang. Sorry to hear that, Hope you had good insurance on it .

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I take that old car trip every time this Jardiance Commercial comes on. Where the young man comes up to his Dad as he is working in the garage on this car. Its a 63 Pontiac tempest with a 326. I can tell cause they had a robin egg blue air cleaner> you just get bits a pieces of that car but oh my brings tears to my eyes. Drove that car for the last three years of high school. Too me that was one of the first pony cars. You could special order with a 389 and oh my god baby GTO. LB

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Snow:

Did you not or did you have a topic on your green Mopar, maybe like a bunch of months ago and maybe insurance of $25000? Or was i dreaming all this and did someone tell you the year of that red 55 Buick?

Maybe a 63 chevy with a 59 dodge to its right. no/yes db

Last edited:

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
What model of mopar was it Snow?

Still a sore spot Guy,pit in my stomach,these beautiful spring days has me jonesen for that car,it was a 69 R/T,garage went up from a welder spark,R/T

insurance only cover $25k,ugh big time bummer,time n money invested,even the aluminum wheels melted

db your on point,yes we had a topic,your still klickin on 8 cyc.lol,never herd back from the folks that have that 55 buick convertable but that was last winter,car is in storage but maybe I'll get a call this summer.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry to hear about your R/T Snow.
Man that has to suck and will haunt you for the rest of your life.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
36 feet of top pop (beer) chain and if i remember right 1200 pop tops back in the winter of 66-67 that i still have hanging in my man cave and mainly Schlitz beer tops tags as that was the beer to drink in those days until old mill came as it did taste as good and a little bit cheaper than Schlitz. (My mother saved everything)

Me and 3 others. The first quarter i was given a warning and they got probation. The second quarter they were gone and i was put on probation as my GPS was less than 1. Maybe less than a .5. The third quarter by myself and no way at that time did i want to go to Nam.

However, old mill was 3 something i believe for a 12 pack but then that was too long ago to remember. It just tasted good, and the ladies i found on Broadway loved it and did chip in as they were working ladies. They were fine, upstanding ladies who were out for the same thing as us guys were out for.
I remember one (in time she became my wife of 52 years). But we did leave one night each week (Thursday) for racing on airport road (buddy had a 442 and i had a 426 Plymouth). ah, the memories when one gets old but not too old to not keep making memories. db

- - - Updated - - -

Over 50 years ago, for reasons, i did hide a case of Shiltz in a shelterbelt by my folk's land and also a case in a tree claim by Finley. A few years later i did go to Finley, found that case and did take one can. Put on shelf and about 2 years ago it got a hole in it so beer is gone.

Have never went back to the case by the folks. Guess both are on my bucket list for this summer. db

Last edited:

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
When you're out of Schlitz your out of beer,

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Nectar of the Gods it was. Not my first brand of beer but became my favorite. Folks drank Norh Star because it was 1.80 a six pack and I would slide a little off the side. Then came Old Mil and I still think it as a great road beer. LB

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Great memories,keep those memories alive like it was yesterday before they fade with old age,youse guyz,in my time Schiltz gave me the "shits"...hot summer nights it was grainbelt ponies ,river parties,don't think grainbelt made it to ND back then?

pointer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Old Mil was 5 bucks a case if you bought 10 at a time, my dad would buy his 10 and keep it in his shop, my friends and I would borrow a case at a time and leave the five on top of the stack. He never said a word about it just said don't let it get out of hand. Anyone remember Red, White, and Blue beer, awful stuff that was 4 dollars a case

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Buckhorn at $4/case and a time or two that was what we could afford,

However, one night my buddy, me and a girl from Broadway got caught drinking that crab on a gravel road by Moorhead. Spent night in jail and then found out girl was 17 and we were 18.

Her father decided to make that an issue as did the judge too. I do have what i feel is a great story told in all its content over that. Hope she has the same great memory. Some things will go to the grave with me. db

Last edited:

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Back in late 70's school keggers outside of town in badlands was PBR Kegs. One of classmate's dads ran beer warehouse in town he was very cool, man did we drank alot and worst was hulajula partys. Everclear from beach ND was across border from Montana and then add all other booze and fruit. Can't believe we lived through all of that lifestyle. Fast cars too, dang good memory's.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
us young alkis....lol,we were to young to purchase beer or cigs back in the old days,our liquor runs to the city entailed contacting "Bums" on the street,they always hung out near liquor stores,always one friend with a car,give the bum our order and a couple extra bucks and off he went,one of our group would guard the back door escape route that happened once to us,never again after that,cheap beer,flavored vodka was how we rolled,luckly alive today to share these stories

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I remember Schlitz was $6.00 a case and Old Mil was $5.00 a case for off sale.
Do you remember 3 beers for $1.00 in the bar? I do, I was a little underage and making the bars.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Would drink Stroh's, was fucking awful, but cheap and somehow we could drink it half warm, as it saved a dollar back in the day as compared to a cooler suitcase.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75