Tripdown memory

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
We drank a lot of Buckhorn, 3.25 a case. it was bad tasting, but still drank it.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
When i was finally old enough got draft beer at local bar for 25 cents a glass. db

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Damn you guys! Back in the day i was chasing tail versus booze and cars! Sounds like you were having more fun than me!! haha:;:muahaha

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
3roos:

There was a time for all three and at times all at the same time. They did fit well together.

Like the time in his 442 on airport road. A lady sitting between us (hard to shift), we all had a beer in hand, and he was racing this GTO,

I was holding his beer during the race. db

Last edited:

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Rooster,as db stated,all "three",hot chicks,hot cars and cold beer was the name of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Ran this thread by an old friend from the old days,he reminded me about one hot afternoon we were drilling water irrigation wells in farm country,farmer came along one day checking out our progress with a small 12pak cooler of ice cold "pheifer beer" tasted like shit but it was hot and the beer was ice cold so it didn't matter,buddy took a big ole pull and coughed up a " beer pickled leech",how nasty is that?

bbb

us young alkis....lol,we were to young to purchase beer or cigs back in the old days,our liquor runs to the city entailed contacting "Bums" on the street,they always hung out near liquor stores,always one friend with a car,give the bum our order and a couple extra bucks and off he went,one of our group would guard the back door escape route that happened once to us,never again after that,cheap beer,flavored vodka was how we rolled,luckly alive today to share these stories

I think I was about 14 yrs old when I walked into the Overly bar. I looked a little bit older than that, but definitely not 21. Anyways, there was no one else in the bar so I walked up to the counter and said I wanted 3 mickeys of lime vodka but that I didn't have my ID with me. The bartender took a peek out the window and then sold them to me. Haha!

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
In the mid 60's there was a lot more kids from my town, in Clair City SD on a Friday night or Saturday than there was at home town. 15 and you were in to a lot of 3.2 beer. Used to laugh at the so called rule that if you could see over the bar rail you were good to go. LB

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Old Mil for us most the time. My brother is 8 years older than me and he and his friends never let us down to bootleg for us. Then there was this skank chick that constantly drove mainers, she was 21. Not one of us ever properly rewarded her. The bars let HS kids drink as it was 18 for the 3.2% beer. I could get in the old Jokers Wild when I was an 8th grader since I was on the state championship wrestling team. Walk in and get a free picture of beer for weeks after state. We would road trip to all the small town street dances in the summer. Can't believe we made it back alive.

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
Would drink Stroh's, was fucking awful, but cheap and somehow we could drink it half warm, as it saved a dollar back in the day as compared to a cooler suitcase.
I remember finding some MASH beer in my grandparents basement when we were way too young. That was my first go around with booze. It is astonishing that I ever drank again after that. It tasted like rotten barley and sewer water.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74