User Tag List

  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrassed
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • WTF!?
  • zzz
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Results 21 to 35 of 35

    Thread: Pole Building

    1. Back To Top    #21
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      johnr's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Dickinson
      Posts
      9,125
      NDA Points
      149,933
      NDA Level
      100
      Report Entries
      1
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 12,213
      Given: 10,530
      do people still build Quonsets?

      1 Not allowed!

    2. Back To Top    #22
      Ultimate VIP Member
      Life is Good
       
      Mood:
      Happy
       
      Davey Crockett's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Boondocks
      Posts
      6,232
      NDA Points
      100,531
      NDA Level
      100
      Report Entries
      1
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 4,895
      Given: 4,841
      [QUOTE=Lycanthrope;347818]Just got a quote a couple weeks ago for this building from a local builder. with dirt floor they want 60K total cost.


      That's close to what I was dreaming about once apon a time before the prices jumped sky high. I was thinking of a matching roof line/sheltered overhang on one side. I like your building but I only see one walk in door ,I'd add one more on the far end.

      1 Not allowed!
      Life is Good

    3. Back To Top    #23
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Lycanthrope's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Location
      Bismarck
      Posts
      2,635
      NDA Points
      188,471
      NDA Level
      100
      Report Entries
      9
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 2,261
      Given: 3,560
      [QUOTE=Davey Crockett;347838]
      Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
      Just got a quote a couple weeks ago for this building from a local builder. with dirt floor they want 60K total cost.


      That's close to what I was dreaming about once apon a time before the prices jumped sky high. I was thinking of a matching roof line/sheltered overhang on one side. I like your building but I only see one walk in door ,I'd add one more on the far end.
      I actually want to add another overhead door on the left back corner and pour concrete under the 12x45 part and divide it into 3 rooms, one to keep my bees during the winter, in the back corner, with a door so I can move them in on pallets using a tractor, middle room to keep bee supplies and extraction equipment and then the front room could be an office/storage area... Id like to put floor drains in the 2 back rooms so that I can spray them down etc. The 24x45 garage area I would probably just put crushed cement or gravel in, or maybe leave dirt...

      1 Not allowed!

    4. Back To Top    #24
      VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       

      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Posts
      1,124
      NDA Points
      34,324
      NDA Level
      81
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 921
      Given: 771
      tarp Quonsets is all ive seen.

      0 Not allowed!

    5. Back To Top    #25
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      johnr's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Dickinson
      Posts
      9,125
      NDA Points
      149,933
      NDA Level
      100
      Report Entries
      1
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 12,213
      Given: 10,530
      [QUOTE=Lycanthrope;347840]
      Quote Originally Posted by Davey Crockett View Post

      I actually want to add another overhead door on the left back corner and pour concrete under the 12x45 part and divide it into 3 rooms, one to keep my bees during the winter, in the back corner, with a door so I can move them in on pallets using a tractor, middle room to keep bee supplies and extraction equipment and then the front room could be an office/storage area... Id like to put floor drains in the 2 back rooms so that I can spray them down etc. The 24x45 garage area I would probably just put crushed cement or gravel in, or maybe leave dirt...
      So this bee thing actually became reality? Awesomeness

      0 Not allowed!
      Neat

    6. Back To Top    #26
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Lycanthrope's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Location
      Bismarck
      Posts
      2,635
      NDA Points
      188,471
      NDA Level
      100
      Report Entries
      9
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 2,261
      Given: 3,560
      [QUOTE=johnr;347843]
      Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
      So this bee thing actually became reality? Awesomeness
      Kind of, I had 15 hives going into winter and right now only have 3 with bees flying, so thats disappointing, going to be a rebuilding year for my colonies... Hopefully we have decent rain this summer as last year was tough with the drought. Our winters arent great for bees so keeping them inside, just to protect them from the elements would help significantly I think.

      If you are into honey I still have some from last year, I could drop a jar off.

      1 Not allowed!

    7. Back To Top    #27
      Ultimate VIP Member
      Life is Good
       
      Mood:
      Happy
       
      Davey Crockett's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Boondocks
      Posts
      6,232
      NDA Points
      100,531
      NDA Level
      100
      Report Entries
      1
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 4,895
      Given: 4,841
      [QUOTE=Lycanthrope;347845]
      Quote Originally Posted by johnr View Post

      Kind of, I had 15 hives going into winter and right now only have 3 with bees flying, so thats disappointing, going to be a rebuilding year for my colonies... Hopefully we have decent rain this summer as last year was tough with the drought. Our winters arent great for bees so keeping them inside, just to protect them from the elements would help significantly I think.

      If you are into honey I still have some from last year, I could drop a jar off.


      I have a buddy who salvages/relocates nuisance Honey Bees. If nobody does that in your area you should be able to get all sorts of freebies.

      0 Not allowed!
      Life is Good

    8. Back To Top    #28
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Lycanthrope's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Location
      Bismarck
      Posts
      2,635
      NDA Points
      188,471
      NDA Level
      100
      Report Entries
      9
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 2,261
      Given: 3,560
      [QUOTE=Davey Crockett;347851]
      Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post

      I have a buddy who salvages/relocates nuisance Honey Bees. If nobody does that in your area you should be able to get all sorts of freebies.
      Where does he do that at? Because there arent many feral honey bee hives in ND, and managed hives dont swarm often,I have yet to see a swarm around here. I even put out some swarm traps 2 years ago hoping to attract some but they sat empty all year.

      0 Not allowed!

    9. Back To Top    #29
      Ultimate VIP Member
      Life is Good
       
      Mood:
      Happy
       
      Davey Crockett's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Boondocks
      Posts
      6,232
      NDA Points
      100,531
      NDA Level
      100
      Report Entries
      1
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 4,895
      Given: 4,841
      [QUOTE=Lycanthrope;347852]
      Quote Originally Posted by Davey Crockett View Post

      Where does he do that at? Because there arent many feral honey bee hives in ND, and managed hives dont swarm often,I have yet to see a swarm around here. I even put out some swarm traps 2 years ago hoping to attract some but they sat empty all year.

      Up in the turtle mountains, I haven't asked him about it in a couple years but when he was first starting up he latched on to some . I had a small colony here that built inside of a silver colored water tank. I found them too late in the fall and waited for a cold morning and lifted the tank out with a backhoe but they had already eaten most of the honey. Might make a difference up here vs there as there are a lot of hives set out in this area.

      - - - Updated - - -

      He got the word out and if anyone had a problem with honey bees they called him.

      0 Not allowed!
      Life is Good

    10. Back To Top    #30
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Lycanthrope's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Location
      Bismarck
      Posts
      2,635
      NDA Points
      188,471
      NDA Level
      100
      Report Entries
      9
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 2,261
      Given: 3,560
      [QUOTE=Davey Crockett;347854]
      Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post


      Up in the turtle mountains, I haven't asked him about it in a couple years but when he was first starting up he latched on to some . I had a small colony here that built inside of a silver colored water tank. I found them too late in the fall and waited for a cold morning and lifted the tank out with a backhoe but they had already eaten most of the honey. Might make a difference up here vs there as there are a lot of hives set out in this area.

      - - - Updated - - -

      He got the word out and if anyone had a problem with honey bees they called him.
      Having more trees might help aslo, thats where they like to build nests... I know a local commercial beekeeper that hopefully will let me snag some of his bees to get going again...

      0 Not allowed!

    11. Back To Top    #31
      Ultimate VIP Member
      Life is Good
       
      Mood:
      Happy
       
      Davey Crockett's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Boondocks
      Posts
      6,232
      NDA Points
      100,531
      NDA Level
      100
      Report Entries
      1
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 4,895
      Given: 4,841
      [QUOTE=Lycanthrope;347855]
      Quote Originally Posted by Davey Crockett View Post

      Having more trees might help aslo, thats where they like to build nests... I know a local commercial beekeeper that hopefully will let me snag some of his bees to get going again...

      I'll keep my eyes and ears open here too, Like you, he has a green thumb and sells garden seed and plants out of his green house so I'll be visiting with him soon. He is a genuine good guy so if he runs into more than enough I'm pretty sure he will help you out.

      1 Not allowed!
      Life is Good

    12. Back To Top    #32
      Premium Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       

      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Location
      Hazen ND
      Posts
      309
      NDA Points
      41,686
      NDA Level
      89
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 609
      Given: 1,583
      Classifieds
      1
      Prices have gone absolutely insane. We built that 60x130x14 horse riding arena in late 2019 for around $85,000.

      The property with the arena right now has a sale pending as we bought a new place close to "home" last week. We contacted the builder who put our barn up to get a rough quote so it would help us price our property... same barn in 2022 is $200,000-$215,000. Roughly 2.5X cost increase over 2.5-3 years. I don't know if the smaller width buildings have gone up that much, but these 60+ foot wide buildings sure have seen a drastic increase.

      For those considering putting up a 60+ foot wide building, consider going with red iron/ steel frame/truss. I've been in contact with multiple builders the last couple weeks as we are considering putting up another arena in the future, and since wood has gone insane, the iron buildings have become a lot more competitive in pricing, at least for these 'wider' builds.

      Cheers!

      3 Not allowed!

    13. Back To Top    #33
      Ultimate VIP Member
      Enjoying Life
       
      Mood:
      Piratey
       
      BrokenBackJack's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Location
      Central, AZ
      Posts
      3,715
      NDA Points
      32,872
      NDA Level
      79
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 5,365
      Given: 17,554
      Classifieds
      1
      Hope your buying and selling work out for you T!

      1 Not allowed!
      God, Family, Country, Green Bay Packers!

      Johnny 7


    14. Back To Top    #34
      Bronze Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       

      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Location
      McKenzie County
      Posts
      45
      NDA Points
      6,455
      NDA Level
      34
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 36
      Given: 193
      I got a quote back on the building I was looking for. The loft added about $25K, wood siding over steel was another $20k or so. Total bid on my original building was just under 100 grand for 36 x 48 with no cement. Reworking my plans

      1 Not allowed!

    15. Back To Top    #35
      Gold Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       

      Join Date
      Nov 2015
      Posts
      148
      NDA Points
      5,996
      NDA Level
      32
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 68
      Given: 7
      Damn I know it has been awhile built mine 8 years ago 2,800 sq feet, concrete floor, big pad out front. 2x6 walls, 14' ceiling, loft on 1/4 with 3 big insulated doors, 2 big steel walk out doors insulated, all smooth white aluminum inside, and two walls inside for clean work shop, good wood lap siding, all insulated good friend insulating contractor helped too. Two propane hanging furnaces. Got great deal on wood brother-in law owns lumber yard out of town too. I did help do alot too and hired 3 retired concrete boys for all of $50,000 shit I have gold mine now.

      3 Not allowed!
      Last edited by Wall-eyes; 05-26-2022 at 10:07 PM.

    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  


    About Nodak Angler

      NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

    Business & Contact

    Follow us on

    Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube