Brisket Help...

Wallike

★★★ Legendary Member
I know there is a thread you all shared some great cooking tips and recipes for doin' up a brisket. I've been perusing old threads and doing different searches and not having any luck finding it.

Can someone help me locate where that went?:;:help

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Trim fat, dry rub, smoke for 6 hours, wrap in foil, smoke or bake at low temp another 6 hours, rest, slice, enjoy.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I like the hot and fast method better. If you haven't tried it you should, I know, I know, it goes against everything "brisket" but it works!!

Trim to around 1/2" of fat, smoke for 3 hours fat side up (relatively cool, I use the smoke setting on my pellet grill), olive oil and your favorite seasonings, wrap in aluminum foil and crank the smoker to 225, smoke until internal temp of 200-205 in the point end (usually another 3 or so hours depending on the size), wrap in towels and stick that little baby in a cooler for another 2-3 hours.

Save the juice!! Enjoy!!

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just use a crockpot, brown the brisket a little put some tub on it, a little liquid smoke a onion and some garlic in the pot and put it on high for a few hours, it will be really tender, use the juice for dipping

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sous vide. Only way I've been able to make consistent brisket. There seems to be more variability in brisket than any other cut.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Noticed yesterday the price of brisket took a big jump from .99/lb last summer to $6.99/lb ,even chicken prices today per lb are what ribeyes were last summer. FJB

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I grill 95% of what I eat with a meat probe in place. Internal temp is everything.

Wallike

★★★ Legendary Member
Thanks for all your input! Did one up yesterday with the help of an anonymous NDA'er and it was amazing! I'm going to enjoy it for the rest of the week!

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for all your input! Did one up yesterday with the help of an anonymous NDA'er and it was amazing! I'm going to enjoy it for the rest of the week!

Well.......are you going to share the secret method to achieve "amazing"? Or is that anonymous too ;)?

I have one in the freezer from before prices jumped up and would like it to be great!

Wallike

★★★ Legendary Member
Well.......are you going to share the secret method to achieve "amazing"? Or is that anonymous too ;)?

I have one in the freezer from before prices jumped up and would like it to be great!

The anonymous NDA'er PM'd me his recipe so I'm honoring the sanctity of the PM. I can't share what isn't mine. Sorry. Maybe he'll see this and share with you.

shorthairman

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well, whoever it is...would you be willing to share with me also? I have tried twice and been disappointed both times...have two briskets sitting in the freezer, but am reluctant to give it a go for fear of yet another let down...

Glad it turned out for you Wallike!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76