Steve Myers and his waterpowered car

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Steve Myers
https://tcct.com/news/2020/11/the-mysterious-death-of-stanley-meyer-and-his-water-powered-car/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Meyer's_water_fuel_cell
I am a sucker for a good conspiracy theory and this one reminds me of others who invented ways for mankind to harness energy from mother earth. Tesla wanted to give us the technology to gain power to light up our lives by the use of a tesla coil and a magnifying transmitter to send power wirelessly. Tesla was most likely poisoned which caused him to be later diagnosed as a schizophrenic where he spent his life behind a closed hotel room door away from the public eye.
Besides these two men does anyone remember other inventions that caused thier inventors to die unexpectedly?

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
LOL, I think this sums it up nicely:

[FONT=&quot]"The Judge then issued his verdict, in which he decreed that the funds received by Meyer had been stolen by deception (“gross and egregious fraud”), and he was sentenced to return it to investors. "[/FONT]

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm amazed that he can talk, or BS, that long without breaking into a laugh. Maybe I didn't watch closely enough but did he ever have that car running? Good entertainment unless you're the type to believe such BS. I guess I should add, IMO.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Motorheads that grew up in the 40s talked about the fish carburetor conspiracy.

From 1947 to 1959 the Fish Carburetor Company of Daytona Beach, Florida manufactured over 125,000 high-mileage carburetors. The Fish carburetor averaged 20 percent better gas mileage and 30% more horsepower.

The Fish Carburetor was originally invented by John Robert Fish in America in the early Thirties. The carb works on pressure differential – not air speed, which means that it is almost instantly self adjusting & self compensating so any change in weather or altitude requires no adjustments or modifications as with conventional carbs. Hence all round suitability for cars, boats, aircraft, mountain or pressure charging use.

Instead of the usual one main fuel discharge point within the carburetor, the “Fish” has from SIX to TEN leading to vastly superior atomization and therefore much improved vaporization and since wet fuel DOES NOT burn (only the vapor), better and more complete combustion is ensured enabling more power to be extracted from the same amount of fuel.

The “Fish” was seen as a very serious threat to the “Original Equipment” establishment and could not be tolerated. J.R. suffered years of dirty tricks and persecution in an attempt to put him and his carburetor out of business. He even had his mail stopped on trumped up charges which were entirely UNTRUE and the case never went to court. It was simply a deliberate time wasting exercise to stop his cash flow and ruin him. He was not to be beaten and moved to Florida where he kept going by selling carbs to individuals including some wealthy big game fishermen.

At about that same time an up-and-coming local Stock Car driver got involved. The famous and almost legendary “Fireball Roberts” who drove the original M-1 car and Fish carburetor in place of the big 4 barrel “Works” carbs. that everyone else was using. He literally left them standing with his otherwise out-of-date car.

The “Works” organizations did not like it one bit and again the “dirty tricks” started. “Fireball Roberts” frequently made Pole Position and gained the trophy. Repeatedly, however, his race tires developed “mysterious problems” when leading the race convincingly. These “faults” suspiciously did not seem to occur in the “Works” cars.After this, they were only sold by a company in Canada which sold them in Canada and Europe.

The Brown Carburetor Company of Draper, Utah manufactured almost 10,000 new Fish-design carburetors from 1981 to 1996.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member

Another person who decided to give it a go talk about die hard people looking to make a buck what is really crazy is this guy was at the supermarket and was killed by the gunman for trying to protect others.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I’m a day when most conspiracy’s become fact, who knows anymore.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm in the same boat sum1 lots of conspiracy theories have been coming true lately its gettin hard to not believe the unbelievable sometimes.

- - - Updated - - -

Motorheads that grew up in the 40s talked about the fish carburetor conspiracy.

From 1947 to 1959 the Fish Carburetor Company of Daytona Beach, Florida manufactured over 125,000 high-mileage carburetors. The Fish carburetor averaged 20 percent better gas mileage and 30% more horsepower.

The Fish Carburetor was originally invented by John Robert Fish in America in the early Thirties. The carb works on pressure differential – not air speed, which means that it is almost instantly self adjusting & self compensating so any change in weather or altitude requires no adjustments or modifications as with conventional carbs. Hence all round suitability for cars, boats, aircraft, mountain or pressure charging use.

Instead of the usual one main fuel discharge point within the carburetor, the “Fish” has from SIX to TEN leading to vastly superior atomization and therefore much improved vaporization and since wet fuel DOES NOT burn (only the vapor), better and more complete combustion is ensured enabling more power to be extracted from the same amount of fuel.

The “Fish” was seen as a very serious threat to the “Original Equipment” establishment and could not be tolerated. J.R. suffered years of dirty tricks and persecution in an attempt to put him and his carburetor out of business. He even had his mail stopped on trumped up charges which were entirely UNTRUE and the case never went to court. It was simply a deliberate time wasting exercise to stop his cash flow and ruin him. He was not to be beaten and moved to Florida where he kept going by selling carbs to individuals including some wealthy big game fishermen.

At about that same time an up-and-coming local Stock Car driver got involved. The famous and almost legendary “Fireball Roberts” who drove the original M-1 car and Fish carburetor in place of the big 4 barrel “Works” carbs. that everyone else was using. He literally left them standing with his otherwise out-of-date car.

The “Works” organizations did not like it one bit and again the “dirty tricks” started. “Fireball Roberts” frequently made Pole Position and gained the trophy. Repeatedly, however, his race tires developed “mysterious problems” when leading the race convincingly. These “faults” suspiciously did not seem to occur in the “Works” cars.After this, they were only sold by a company in Canada which sold them in Canada and Europe.

The Brown Carburetor Company of Draper, Utah manufactured almost 10,000 new Fish-design carburetors from 1981 to 1996.

Interesting Davey I have never heard of this fish carb before

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
The stories of 80-120 mpg carbs have been around forever. This may be one of the more realistic in expectations of a miracle that I've heard. Seems to kind of put it in the range of throttle body-based fuel injection seen in the early 80s. I had an 83 Cougar at one point that ran the throttle body styled injection. I got 30+ mpg with it running down the highway at speeds that risked getting a ticket. Sweet ride, but was a serious pain to maintain.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Another great story Davey, I wonder why no one else had ever tried to build the olgemobile and put it to the test on today's cars.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
He said that his olgemobile black box actually burns the fuel at a more efficient way, the reason why you don't need a catalytic converter. Maybe I'm missing something else the reason why you said epa.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
No carburetor ever pushed a 4000 lb car 200 miles on 2 gallons. Period. I am no physics freak. But, I would venture a guess that even at 100% efficiency (which is not possible), there is not enough energy in 2 gallons of gas too push or pull 4000 pounds 200 miles.

- - - Updated - - -

I will try sit down and do the math on a perfect system. Hang on.

- - - Updated - - -

It's beyond my capabilities i guess. And it can't be done in the vacuum of space. So, ya need to have some numbers for tire and road friction and air resistance. Nevermind numbers for heat lost in converting the gas to energy and the loss to friction in the autos moving parts. Nonetheless, it just doesn't seem mathematically possible in my little brain.

- - - Updated - - -

Besides that... all this talk bout vaporizing gas to gain efficiency, etc... isn't that exactly what modern day computer monitored EFI does?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
No carburetor ever pushed a 4000 lb car 200 miles on 2 gallons. Period. I am no physics freak. But, I would venture a guess that even at 100% efficiency (which is not possible), there is not enough energy in 2 gallons of gas too push or pull 4000 pounds 200 miles.

I'd like to say I agree but I wasn't there. Keep in mind the highest octane gas now days probably couldn't hold a fart against the old pink gas back in the 60s- 70s . Not so sure how much of a difference it really did make for MPG. There are so many variables , Older farmers can confirm that the older tractors running on pink gas pulled better after dark when the air got heavier. It was a huge difference .

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

I will try sit down and do the math on a perfect system. Hang on.

- - - Updated - - -

It's beyond my capabilities i guess. And it can't be done in the vacuum of space. So, ya need to have some numbers for tire and road friction and air resistance. Nevermind numbers for heat lost in converting the gas to energy and the loss to friction in the autos moving parts. Nonetheless, it just doesn't seem mathematically possible in my little brain.

- - - Updated - - -

Besides that... all this talk bout vaporizing gas to gain efficiency, etc... isn't that exactly what modern day computer monitored EFI does?

Funhater, we were just getting wrapped around the axle when you came up with this shit....

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76