Lake Oahe

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's it. It's about 5 miles south of Beaver Bay. I would guess about 15 trailers there when we went bye.

PKC could have a nice spot too if anyone would take some initiative. But they're not even selling minnows at Quick Mart now so ....??
Thanks! Never heard of it until this thread and then my wife saw the low water sighn on our way home today.

Fishing around the state line was still pretty good this weekend. #'s may have been a little less but the size has gotten better for us.

Another bonus my son picked up this smallie. He swore he had the state record Walley the whole time! Resized_20220604_180037.jpg

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think so but IDK as I live on other side of river. I used to work with a guy that called it Jennerville

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! Never heard of it until this thread and then my wife saw the low water sighn on our way home today.

Fishing around the state line was still pretty good this weekend. #'s may have been a little less but the size has gotten better for us.

Another bonus my son picked up this smallie. He swore he had the state record Walley the whole time!Screenshot (40).png

Where did you launch? Is the ramp on state line usable or did you use Cattail?

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Stayed at Beaver Creek this weekend. Had to put in at Jennerville as the landing was about 75 yards from the nearest water.

Fishing was slow. Picked up some decent fish though, lots of little fish. Best luck was north of the highline wires on the west bank by the fool bear creek south to the campground. 2-12' pitching jigs and plastics in slack water or pulling B-bouncers and spinners.

Interesting fact for the weekend....found out prairie dogs like to swim. Multiple dogs doing laps around multiple boats then back to the shore. Weirdest things I've seen in a long time.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
State line ramp is unusable at this time. Weve been putting in Pollock.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stayed at Beaver Creek this weekend. Had to put in at Jennerville as the landing was about 75 yards from the nearest water.

Fishing was slow. Picked up some decent fish though, lots of little fish. Best luck was north of the highline wires on the west bank by the fool bear creek south to the campground. 2-12' pitching jigs and plastics in slack water or pulling B-bouncers and spinners.

Interesting fact for the weekend....found out prairie dogs like to swim. Multiple dogs doing laps around multiple boats then back to the shore. Weirdest things I've seen in a long time.

Better P'dogs doing laps than snakes trying to get in. Spring of '08 I think it was had a snake trying to come in between the motor and the hydraulic steering cylinder. A well-placed oar convinced him otherwise.

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really need to learn how to, and take up fishing. As I get older, and now have kids, it sounds more and more appealing.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member

Trying to drown fleas. LB

1850reata

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fished South of Fort Yates last Saturday and it was good but lots of 12"ers. Had the wife and five kids with so it was a bit of a shit show but we kept 10 good ones in about 2.5 hrs before they all wanted to go swimming instead. Hopefully the wind lays down a bit this coming weekend so we can get back after em.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fished South of Fort Yates last Saturday and it was good but lots of 12"ers. Had the wife and five kids with so it was a bit of a shit show but we kept 10 good ones in about 2.5 hrs before they all wanted to go swimming instead. Hopefully the wind lays down a bit this coming weekend so we can get back after em.

I hope the wind lays down as well, but it's going to be HOT, so the kids are really going to wanna be in the water. Maybe we should put the wives and kids and one boat and we will go fishing the other.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I put in at PKC and went way south. Was past 4 mile. Maybe I should have tried live bait but cranks only put 3 in the box. Barely keepers

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's disappointing to hear. Didn't make it down last weekend but with be this weekend. Hopefully the big ones were just a little further south.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
IDK I looked at results of Pollock tournament from last weekend. Doesn't look much better. I know I'm not spending $100 on gas again to make that run.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
The wife caught a 23" yesterday in Mobridge. We cleaned 5 fish. Not bad considering we were on water at 1:30 n off at 5

1850reata

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saturday morning we headed South of Fort Yates. Caught small mouth, perch, pike, eyes, and cats using slow death. Biggest eye was 20". I was surprised how busy of a bite it was. Most came in 7-9'.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Officially 16 lbs at 33 1/8 inches
Pretty much unheard of for a fall fish, especially in these parts. Pretty fricken awesome, congrats to the SD angler! 🎣🎣...rockon...
IMG_20221030_135543_701.jpg
His brother is a taxidermist here wonder if he lets him mount it haha. I know of a couple 13’s caught down on the same area.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76