Lake Oahe

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
Heard of limits on South Dakota side between mobridge and pollock

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where is th nearest usable ramp? Anyone been South of Beaver Bay? I heard Langliers and Polock are both unusab!e.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are boats out at Pollock and a few on the water in Ft Yates area. I'm not sure where they are launching.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and Wed I was out at Mobridge. 2 guys kept 6 smaller fish

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Pollock ramp is open. We've been pitting in there and running up to the state line. I'm new to fishing thus far south but it is pretty hard not to catch fish right now.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know they have been getting them by pollock busy has been doing good out of Mobridge mainly 16 inch fish good eaters .

R@nger_BO@TS

Honored Member
You can launch out of cattail. We did it with 21 foot glass boat and no issues so anyone should be fine to launch outta their but beaver I heard was sketchy. We found fish around state line in 10-12 FOW but lots of little fish

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I put my little Bath Tub in at PKC. I'll be able to launch my 620 easy. The worst part is backing over the sand dune above concrete. Once you get over that it's solid concrete into deep water.

Water is stained in that area. We only fished 2 hrs as just testing it out.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had a friend in the Pollock to State Line area last week. They caught one good fish a day, the rest were generally less than 14" with a lot of 10-12" fish. They caught plenty, just not much for size. He said that a 15" limit was "good" fish, they had a couple days where they didn't even get that. The fished out of the Pollock ramp. The did hit a tree, no damage luckily, but be careful coming out of the bay. If you have ever seen that bay when the water was at it lowest, you know why!

Oahe has some pigs in it right now, but the average sure doesn't seem to be increasing in size at least on the northern reaches of the reservoir. Pretty sad compared to the glory days.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
But are you living the dream and having fun? Much more important than the size of the catch!

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
But are you living the dream and having fun? Much more important than the size of the catch!

Absolutely! It's easy to fish the memories, and the memories of the days before the flood are fond to say the least. Like I said, you have a chance at a big, big fish. But the average isn't Oahe of old. One day it'll be back. But catching any fish is still better than a day of work!

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Pollock ramp is open. We've been pitting in there and running up to the state line. I'm new to fishing thus far south but it is pretty hard not to catch fish right now.

I can probably supply some tips on how to not catch fish...if'n you're really struggling with it.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can probably supply some tips on how to not catch fish...if'n you're really struggling with it.

Haha! We'll have to get your crew to come down there with us at some point. See if you can mess it up.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
On Sunday we put in at the low level ramp (I believe it's called Jennerville). Ramp is good and they've started putting gravel down. We caught five 8-10 inch walleye, one catfish, one drum, and two white bass. We weren't out very long since it was a bit choppy and my daughter gets motion sickness.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
How far south of Jennerville did you go. I'm wanting to go South from PKC but am concerned about how deep it is?

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
How far south of Jennerville did you go. I'm wanting to go South from PKC but am concerned about how deep it is?

We went down by Fort Yates. It was plenty deep. You just have to pay attention with all the trees sticking out of the water. We might go all the way to the border the next time we go down.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pollock to 4 mile there are no issues. Usually seeing about 24'.

- - - Updated - - -

Curiouse where this Jennerville ramp is?Saw a sign about 5 miles south of Beever bay that said low water ramp.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's it. It's about 5 miles south of Beaver Bay. I would guess about 15 trailers there when we went bye.

PKC could have a nice spot too if anyone would take some initiative. But they're not even selling minnows at Quick Mart now so ....??

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is that at the Rivery?

That's it. It's about 5 miles south of Beaver Bay. I would guess about 15 trailers there when we went bye.

PKC could have a nice spot too if anyone would take some initiative. But they're not even selling minnows at Quick Mart now so ....??

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75