Addiction

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't think I will try MJ. I'm with you on no prescription sleep meds - obviously would be narcotic meds. I've had no problems with side effects unless you count the need for between 8-10 hours set aside for sleep. Could never have taken them when I was working.

It has been suggested to exercise prior to bed. Cannot do that any more. I have neuropathy in my feet and lower legs and am weak and unsteady on my feet. Exercise, running and even walking are non-starters for me any more. But I do appreciate all the responses from you guys.

Last edited:

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well Sl we are in the same boat. When I work my garden I do it on my hands and knee's with benches set up at certain places so I can get back up again and a lot of my plants are in raised beds too. LB

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
doctors told me when i was dealing with ruptured disks in my lower back i could take up to 16 ibuprofen a day, never did take that many but weened off the them in a year.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not weening off the Advil PM when my hip healed was my BIG mistake. My wife and brother can lay their heads down and nap whenever they want. I have never been able to do that.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well Sl we are in the same boat. When I work my garden I do it on my hands and knee's with benches set up at certain places so I can get back up again and a lot of my plants are in raised beds too. LB

I'm the same. I carry a menards short green bucket around to get up with.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't think I will try MJ. I'm with you on no prescription sleep meds - obviously would be narcotic meds. I've had no problems with side effects unless you count the need for between 8-10 hours set aside for sleep. Could never have taken them when I was working.

It has been suggested to exercise prior to bed. Cannot do that any more. I have neuropathy in my feet and lower legs and am weak and unsteady on my feet. Exercise, running and even walking are non-starters for me any more. But I do appreciate all the responses from you guys.
I battle neuropathy also. If you can handle it Lyrica helps. I also take
Alpha lipolic acid. A safe supplement my neurologist suggested. It is cheap and seems to be working. Much of my pain has disappeared.
Lyrica will help you sleep. It can be a battle at first but it's winnable.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
May be in the wrong direction: A pint of Guinness Stout and/or a bowl of ice cream will work. Don't knock it; stout and vanilla ice cream works(also chocolate). Look into tart cherry extract--pills or concentrate. The cherry route seems to take at least a month before kicking in. Also good for joints and inflammation.

Last edited:

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Areed sv,"tart cherry juice" is a winner for my old body ach's,and artritis pain (anti-inflammatory),also seems to allow better sleep,

Strengthen immune system,

Also I've read that tart (not sweeten) cherry juice will help to reduce perpheral neurpathy and blood pressure.

Bottom line,great benifits are had from "tart cherry juice"

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Johnr and KDM remedy for sleepin is #1.

Drugs you can keep em--- no thanks, none of em except for booze do you any good.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m addicted to pussy. At times I wish it was booze instead

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here is an update on my sleeping pill addiction. After 7-10 days I am over it and can sleep all night every night. Thanks for all the support!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 101
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 63