Mood:
      Meh

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Report Entries
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 3,359
      Given: 1,914
      @johnr ... totally agree. that name is ridiculous! although, i guess its been in use for quite some time? frankly, if anything, this day should be "emancipation day". and preferably on january 1 which was when it was signed. but, that date wouldn't work. so, pick any day. but, agreed. juneteenth is beyond dumb for the name of a federal holiday.

3 Not allowed!

2. Back To Top    #22
      Premium Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 592
      Given: 1,677
      Just remember who signed this as a federal holiday, then you will know why the name is stupid

4 Not allowed!

3. Back To Top    #23
      Ultimate VIP Member
      Hold my beer

Mood:
      Friendly

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 3,708
      Given: 8,254
      Tried to post the New Orleans Hair Pick. Too many characters.

- - - Updated - - -

This isn't about liberation. It's rooted in communism.

0 Not allowed!
      Last edited by svnmag; 06-20-2022 at 08:15 PM.
      Uncle Steve defines minnows as any small fish racing around to relax.

You can't build a wall high enough to stop a vaccine.

--the significance of the passage of time? RIGHT? So when you think about it; there is great significance in the passage of time and there's SUCH great significance in the passage of time

Imagine, if you will, a world where every tweet and meme must be fact checked, but not a ballot.

I’m responsible for what I say, not what you understand.

4. Back To Top    #24
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Report Entries
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 6,335
      Given: 9,193
      The "blacks don't know their fathers" thing is a little tired. I know stereotypes exist because they're sometimes rooted in truth, but that's a pretty shitty thing to say.

JMTC

4 Not allowed!
      Me, to Shadrap65:
      "What the heck kinda line you got on?!"
      Shadrap65, to me:
      "Fish catchin' line, son!"

5. Back To Top    #25
      Premium Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Report Entries
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 288
      Given: 1,154
      BTW White history day is every day. I remember the falsehoods they taught in school back in the day. TR's valiant charge up San Juan hill came after he sent the buffalo soldiers up the hill multiple times to cut down the opposition first. The Japanese were "relocated" because they were deemed hostile to the U.S. in WW2. Lost everything they had, yet German Americans had no problems working in critical industries.

0 Not allowed!

6. Back To Top    #26
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 4,738
      Given: 3,825
      Quote Originally Posted by JayKay View Post
      The "blacks don't know their fathers" thing is a little tired. I know stereotypes exist because they're sometimes rooted in truth, but that's a pretty shitty thing to say.

JMTC
      57.6% of black children, 31.2% of Hispanic children, and 20.7% of white children are living absent their biological fathers

https://datacenter.kidscount.org/dat...milies-by-race

1 Not allowed!
      It is not that I value my property over another's life it is that whoever tries to take it values my property over their own life.

7. Back To Top    #27
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      Happy

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 3,720
      Given: 3,728
      Classifieds

JMTC
      Mostly truth today, but it's a shame if we look at all of them that way because some of these kids are in hard working loving families. Most often that is dependent on the family being Christian. I'm not Baptist, but I think I would feel right at home in an all black Southern Baptist church. Even without acting like Hillary and drawling out " I ain't no ways tired".

I listened to a very intelligent man say "I respect black people, but I do not respect current black culture".

1 Not allowed!

8. Back To Top    #28
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Report Entries
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 6,335
      Given: 9,193
      Quote Originally Posted by PrairieGhost View Post
      Mostly truth today, but it's a shame if we look at all of them that way because some of these kids are in hard working loving families. Most often that is dependent on the family being Christian. I'm not Baptist, but I think I would feel right at home in an all black Southern Baptist church. Even without acting like Hillary and drawling out " I ain't no ways tired".

I listened to a very intelligent man say "I respect black people, but I do not respect current black culture".
      Agreed. There are a lot of white, or non-black people that I have no interest in getting to know. And the black people that I DO know are all respectable people. I think the key words in what you say, is "current black culture".

Being the dad to a black girl, I am pretty observant of this. I watch it, and I don't know where the fault lies. Some of the stereotypes are rooted in truth. Some are popular opinion by people who have little experience. I grew up with a dad who didn't like black people. And yet he didn't KNOW any. My wife's parents lived on a farm their whole life, in central ND. We took them with us once, to a larger city, and they were simply surprised by how nice black people actually are. They assumed that they knew everything they needed to know, by what they'd heard, or seen on TV. My father in law remarked to me "She was actually really nice" after an encounter with a black woman. I said "of course she was - what did you expect?". But then I thought more about it, and he expected the worst, because he'd prepared for the worst.

I make no bones about me and my family, and we have more black friends than we ever have before. I like them, respect them, enjoy their company. To a person, they are every bit as hard-working and intelligent, funny, family-oriented as I am.

Like many wise men have said though, constantly talking about our differences only reinforces them. Many famous black people have said the quickest route to getting over our worst tendencies is to ignore them.

And many many black people are doing their people no favors, by their behavior.

I guess, in closing, I would say that nothing good ever makes the news. If all you scan are the headlines, you're hearing about the worst of things, not the good. That goes for all colors of people.

Jaykay

6 Not allowed!
      Me, to Shadrap65:
      "What the heck kinda line you got on?!"
      Shadrap65, to me:
      "Fish catchin' line, son!"

9. Back To Top    #29
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      Happy

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 3,720
      Given: 3,728
      Classifieds
      current black culture
      ". I also keep in mind that it's the liberals that claim yo like them that bait them and through the dollar destroy their historical culture. Here in North Dakota if they want to give me free things you know I woukd be fishing, hunting. or shooting. What do you have for choices on the intercity? Not much.

0 Not allowed!

10. Back To Top    #30
      Ultimate VIP Member
      Juanr for senate

Mood:
      Happy

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 5,091
      Given: 3,625
      Agreed. There are a lot of white, or non-black people that I have no interest in getting to know. And the black people that I DO know are all respectable people. I think the key words in what you say, is "current black culture".

Being the dad to a black girl, I am pretty observant of this. I watch it, and I don't know where the fault lies. Some of the stereotypes are rooted in truth. Some are popular opinion by people who have little experience. I grew up with a dad who didn't like black people. And yet he didn't KNOW any. My wife's parents lived on a farm their whole life, in central ND. We took them with us once, to a larger city, and they were simply surprised by how nice black people actually are. They assumed that they knew everything they needed to know, by what they'd heard, or seen on TV. My father in law remarked to me "She was actually really nice" after an encounter with a black woman. I said "of course she was - what did you expect?". But then I thought more about it, and he expected the worst, because he'd prepared for the worst.

I make no bones about me and my family, and we have more black friends than we ever have before. I like them, respect them, enjoy their company. To a person, they are every bit as hard-working and intelligent, funny, family-oriented as I am.

Like many wise men have said though, constantly talking about our differences only reinforces them. Many famous black people have said the quickest route to getting over our worst tendencies is to ignore them.

And many many black people are doing their people no favors, by their behavior.

I guess, in closing, I would say that nothing good ever makes the news. If all you scan are the headlines, you're hearing about the worst of things, not the good. That goes for all colors of people.

Jaykay
      I completely forgot about that bud, and I will never bring up that joke again, unlike some who cry its my first amendment right to say anything I want even if its insulting another ethnic groups spiritual belief. No we are all part of a big nodak family here and I have enough respect for you JayKay that I will take what you have said to heart becuase its the right thing to do. Yeah watson I'm an asshole but I will not consider myself a bully no matter which members thinks I am.

2 Not allowed!
      People will forgive you for being wrong, but they will never forgive you for being right—especially if events prove you right while proving them wrong.

Don't say retarded that's a hurtful word
      Say democrat

11. Back To Top    #31
      VIP Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 1,179
      Given: 17
      Was in Fargo shopping yesterday. Various stores.

Guessing I seen about 100 blacks. Only ONE I seen looked respectful.

The rest ALL looked what I would consider Nig=χr.

Dredlocks,bright/athletic clothes/shoes/bling/swagger/talk.

Sorry_not sorry. Only seen one working.
      I don't believe much what I hear but what I see.
      Fargo has turned into a cesspool!

0 Not allowed!

12. Back To Top    #32
      Premium Member
      No Current Status

Mood:
      ----

NDA Points
      NDA Level
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 592
      Given: 1,677
      Nineteenth sounds a lot like the Ebonics program that they tried to ram down kids throats years ago, kinda like the lbquerctwun shit they are spouting, now , I can't believe the stupidity of it all

1 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12