Patio/Deck Furniture

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a deck now. With no furniture.

Who makes the best outdoor furniture and where does a guy find it? I have no idea - and Menards/Mills stuff seems lame.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
im still in sticker shock from looking at the plastic decking type chairs and tables a few years ago. my problem is my patio is in front of a wall of patio doors and i am afraid of wind blowing said furniture into the glass.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
mine is in a corner of house - facing southeast and surrounded by mature trees

so that takes some stress away for t-storms and securing furniture, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

don’t they make some sort of bungie cords for securing furniture to deck?

I sense an opportunity!!

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wicker would be good choice. Comfortable ( seat cushions available ) and weatherproof. Doesn't sun fade.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
A thirty rack of buuuuuuuuuuusch lattes and an old milking stool is all you need.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looked at patio table and chairs Sunday.

Home Depot had squat.

Menards had anything from $1500.00 to $2400.00 WTF. :;:lame

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good outdoor furniture will make your wallet cry. Find a set of old, heavy iron stuff and paint with your choice of good outdoor paint and add cushions with a waterproof outdoor bin for the cushions. The iron stuff doesn't end up in the neighbors yard.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I myself, like smooth and MOIST. :;:rockit

Last edited:

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Make sure you get Mosquito nets for your chairs

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Swing and bolt it down. Just-a-swinging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Find some old church pew's, weather proof and add cushions to suit your needs. LB

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I work in the commercial swimming pool industry. The chairs and loungers that they have at the local swimming pool are usually pretty good stuff. They get manhandled a lot, stacked, dragged, over-stressed by big people. Grossfillex makes some nice pvc stuff, but it ain't cheap.

The nice thing about good quality pvc furniture, especially white in color, is that it won't fade, chip, crack, etc. And they're heavy enough for all but the toughest winds - especially when stacked.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good outdoor furniture will make your wallet cry. Find a set of old, heavy iron stuff and paint with your choice of good outdoor paint and add cushions with a waterproof outdoor bin for the cushions. The iron stuff doesn't end up in the neighbors yard.

This is what we have. Some came with the house 12 years ago and some we picked up cheap online when folks were moving or whatever. Both types are still going strong and we leave them out all winter. No rust or maintenance yet. Heavy as all the dickens though. Moving it around takes some effort, but it's worth it to me to not have to store it inside and take up space all winter. Hope you find what you want. Stay Safe!

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Couple of wooden wire spools and some bus seats and you're golden.

1850reata

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wife talked me into Trex furniture for the patio this year. Has a 20 yr warranty supposedly. Stupid expensive but it is nice and shes happy so...

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I bought metal (aluminum) chairs and table with see through plastic top about 20 years ago. Chairs all have cushions which were replaced a few years ago. Showing a little wear and actually looking for some now but cannot find much other than the aforementioned plastic. This furniture does sit in a covered screened in porch but still wide open to the sun and rain depending on the time of day and the wind direction when it rains. Table shows the most wear and chairs could use new cushions but they are not easily available today either. Not much for shopping online as I like to look at what I'm buying unless it's something I"m already familiar with.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75