Fishing Friends and New Places to See

NDWalleyeQueen

Hi there! Looking for some hot shore fishing spots in Devils Lake/Lake Metigoshe/Mouse River/ Newtown/Garrison etc. Been slaying them on old 281 bridge but want some different scenery. Any suggestions? My fiancé is a retired 100% disabled army veteran and he is still pretty new to the area - we live in Rugby and I’d like for him to get out and about and enjoy some fishing while I’m working or doing school work. Yes I want my man to go fishing…I’m in full support of him having fun and making some friends. He’s originally from the south, Georgia and South Carolina area. He was a Special Forces Army Airborne Ranger for 14 years until he was hurt protecting our country in Afghanistan.
Me myself, I’m a Texas born, North Dakota raised ranchers daughter originally from Towner, I am pretty familiar with the area, but I’m open to new suggestions for fishing. New places, lakes, cities, rivers, etc…I just want to show my soldier a good summer and I was hoping you all would have some suggestions. I work a lot and go to college full time so my days are pretty full and I just want him to get out and have some fun and make some friends.
Thank you all! Have a great summer and I am open to any suggestions or advice to help my soldier have a good summer!!!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seems to me I remember a story like this awhile back on here. Had the vet, school, and some vague connection to ND as well asking for fishing spots. Something didn't sit right then either. Could be me, but my spidey sense is tingling right now.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Why is everyone special forces? Why don't any cooks ask for fishing stops?

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why is everyone special forces? Why don't any cooks ask for fishing stops?

Cooks are special forces to everyone that's hungry. Finance is special forces to anyone wanting to get paid. Supply is special forces to anyone that needs stuff. You get the idea..........

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
There's always Goose Lake down by Harvey, especially since you are kind of local.

I shot my first Pheasant walking around Goose lake in 1972. We would pass shoot Geese coming off the lake in the mornings.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I shot my first Pheasant walking around Goose lake in 1972. We would pass shoot Geese coming off the lake in the mornings.

DON'T YOU DARE FISH IT THOUGH!!!!! Unless you're a local of course. Duh....

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
If that is a bot, they have gotten way too smart/specific.

I believe you'd be a good choice to send a PM. At least no one used profanity against a kid like that one retard on here...

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
My uncle Elmer lost his gun to some liberals so he can't hunt wabbits anymore. Need some spots to take him as well. TIA!

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
My uncle Elmer lost his gun to some liberals so he can't hunt wabbits anymore. Need some spots to take him as well. TIA!

"My Uncle Elmer" gives me pause. Sounds like a retard from FBO.

images

cache.php

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
"You must have the mind of a 5th grade smart ass to keep using that word. Some people have mentally challenged children and hearing the r word is a heart breaker for them."

- - - Updated - - -

You don't call mentally challenged people retards. It's not good form. At least sign your rep.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
You know what's better than winning the special Olympics?... Not being retarded...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75