2022 deer tags

Founding Member
Founding Member
Our deer population has been wiped out by back to back ehd years so I bought preference points. Will be sitting on 16 muzzleloader preference points next year.

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
The game that the ndgnf plays is complete bs. They do a good job of giving kids early opportunities to hunt with the Sept doe tags and the youth season tags, but how are they supposed to want to continue hunting after getting denied 5 straight years

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
The game that the ndgnf plays is complete bs. They do a good job of giving kids early opportunities to hunt with the Sept doe tags and the youth season tags, but how are they supposed to want to continue hunting after getting denied 5 straight years

I don't totally disagree, but what's the solution?

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I say after 10 years you get one and they take away a rifle tag out of the main lottery. Muzzy gets drawed first to keep numbers right. Not perfect but it would be something. LB

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Honestly . In all seriousness, I think it’s time for a one tag system . Maybe then we could extend the youth opportunities at the same time . Pick your weapon /season and apply . Archery still could be otC but you have to decide before hand .

ND58201

Founding Member
Founding Member
2B any antlered denied with 4 points. Can’t even get doe 2nd choice. It’s not even that great of a unit as far as quality bucks, but sure is hard to get a tag in.

- - - Updated - - -

Brother was also denied 2B Buck and doe with 3 points

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ah yes the annual “let’s change the entire system to benefit me” bitch fest. There are 5500 extra tags out there, go buy them for your kids you claim aren’t getting opportunity or for your muzzy hunt. Anyone who wants to hunt including with a muzzy can every year, if your not taking advantage of the opportunity’s that’s on you.

catchindeers

"how are they supposed to want to continue hunting after getting denied"...... Simple, buy a Bow tag every Year and continue to hunt. As Bfishn says, Plenty of extra tags out there for "opportunity. Lottery Stats are online, pick the unit that has the best draw chance if you want a Rifle tag every year. If it were my choice, get rid of the rifle season all together and make it muzzy and bow only, bet there would be leftover tags in every unit then.

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Easy to say when the closest unit with tags available is 100+ miles, kids have school, sports, jobs... get rid of the guaranteed gratis would be a option

Motohunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
So you can drive probably 6+ hours to go to a kids' sporting event. Stay 2+ nights in a hotel and eat out multiple times and then tell me a 100 miles is to far to drive to deer hunt? Maybe hunting isn't for you then? As far as our system goes we all know there's units where we can draw every single year if we really want to. Is it perfect no but we all have an opportunity to get out and hunt if we so choose too. The one tag thing is a joke in my opinion. I use my bow tag as a trophy opportunity and haven't tagged a deer in 5 years. My rifle tags I either shoot a deer in the unit I want to draw a tag in or pick up an extra leftover tag. I too have 3 kids at home and understand time constraints and life being busy but all the "it's time to change the system thing" every year gets old. I have yet to see a system discussed that would work any better then the current one.

ND58201

Founding Member
Founding Member
So you can drive probably 6+ hours to go to a kids' sporting event. Stay 2+ nights in a hotel and eat out multiple times and then tell me a 100 miles is to far to drive to deer hunt? Maybe hunting isn't for you then? As far as our system goes we all know there's units where we can draw every single year if we really want to. Is it perfect no but we all have an opportunity to get out and hunt if we so choose too. The one tag thing is a joke in my opinion. I use my bow tag as a trophy opportunity and haven't tagged a deer in 5 years. My rifle tags I either shoot a deer in the unit I want to draw a tag in or pick up an extra leftover tag. I too have 3 kids at home and understand time constraints and life being busy but all the "it's time to change the system thing" every year gets old. I have yet to see a system discussed that would work any better then the current one.

Tell me why again that someone should have to wait 6 years to hunt in the eastern part of ND for 16.5 days in November? I have nothing against bowhunters but it isn’t for me. I am glad baiting is now banned in 2B. I sure hope they fly it and prosecute everyone breaking the law. Will be a lot less “ bowhunters” in a few years because of this baiting ban.

Motohunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not getting into a debate over the tag system. All I'm saying is that we all know the odds of success when we put in. North Dakota has ample opportunity if you choose look for a unit with better odds. It sucks if you want to hunt close to home but it is what it is. Population density near some units, habitat, and diseases all play into it but to say you "can't" draw a tag is simply not the case.

ND58201

Founding Member
Founding Member

say what you want but imagine living until 60-70 years old and not being a bowhunter. You realistically have a chance at less than 10 deer tags in your lifetime. Sounds pretty gay but that’s what it is now.it is not a trophy unit. In the 90s-2000s there was an early and late season and a Buck tag was virtually guaranteed. Now you cannot even get a 2nd choice doe

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74