Training pigeons

camoman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone know of someone in Bis/Man area that sells pigeons for training? Looking for a few birds over the weekend to work my dog. Don’t have time to trap or catch them myself this time around. Any help is appreciated - DM me if you don’t want to give up your guy, I definitely won’t buy them out though. Thanks.

v193

Founding Member
Founding Member
what are you trying to train the pigeon to do? I have some pigeons in my barn but they are pretty wild and might be past being able to train.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
They tried training the one in the WH for 60 years. Look how good that has worked out. ;:;rofl

camoman

Founding Member
Founding Member
what are you trying to train the pigeon to do? I have some pigeons in my barn but they are pretty wild and might be past being able to train.

I guess I could have specified in a little more detail - looking for birds for dog training. The more wild, the better honestly.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone know of someone in Bis/Man area that sells pigeons for training? Looking for a few birds over the weekend to work my dog. Don’t have time to trap or catch them myself this time around. Any help is appreciated - DM me if you don’t want to give up your guy, I definitely won’t buy them out though. Thanks.

I have some down in Mobridge don’t have time this weekend to get up that way. Selling them for 5 dollars each plus a little gas money if I have to deliver them.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I nailed what I believe was an owl with the pickup this morning, by the time I arrived at the office it was not in my grill, don't think it made it though with the loud thump, and glorious array of feathers.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I nailed what I believe was an owl with the pickup this morning, by the time I arrived at the office it was not in my grill, don't think it made it though with the loud thump, and glorious array of feathers.
\

LOL, A pillow cased owl iffin it's a barred or great horned counts as two pigeons,pup will figure it out,warden might frown on the training bird.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL.

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My neighbor raised barn pigeons in an old chicken coop. They could come and go as they pleased, he just liked them around. I'd catch them in a fishnet, take them a half mile out and put them in a toe trap. When the pup pointed I'd spring the trap and fire a blank. The pigeon would go up, circle twice, and go home. Bet I bought the same pigeons many times.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
when i need pigeons i look for old grain bins they live in, sneak up and close the lid then get a net and go in. wear a mask.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
OK another of LB's "the rest of the story" Buddy was on his way home from Fargo down highway 18 just south of Happy Valley (was an old hole in the wall gas station, beer joint and burger cafe) when he see's what looks like a jackrabbit in the road. Bare's down and realizes its an owl, to late bang goes the grill on his 74 square body chev. And now for the rest of the story. The milage counter was a 47 miles, brand new truck. Explain that to insurance. Two Dogs (nick name) said he drove it that way for 5,000 miles before he reported it. THE END LB

- - - Updated - - -

RIP PAUL

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83