M11 Scouting

Horses Ghost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a moose tag for M11 and am looking for tips on scouting. When it comes to deer it is easy to figure out, windy vs calm, morning vs afternoon vs evening, hot vs cold etc, but when it comes to looking for a moose i am really struggling. I have put on countless miles and only found 1, how do you scout for moose?

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
find a row crop flowers/corn, if it has a slough /cattails in the middle of it it very likely has moose. shoot said moose. i dont know M11 very well but archery hunt for deer in M9 in an area loaded with moose they without a doubt follow rows crops and prefer cattails or abandon farmyards that are surrounded by them.

TakItEz

Founding Member
Founding Member
Talk to as many farmers, rural mail carriers, crop sprayers, seed/fertilizer sales people, etc.. in that area. Most people are very helpful Good Luck

Bubba

Moose lay pretty low this time of year with the heat and young calves, so don't expect to see many. Find the corn/sunflowers, cattails, and tree rows. I helped a friend with a tag last year and we didn't see anything scouting in July and August. The corn fields we had pinned on the map where full of em opening weekend.

Grizzly Adams

Founding Member
Founding Member
I new a guy who made business cards and gave em to everyone in the area. And hung them up at any business he could

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe switch your tinder matches to men? Good way to meet farmers in the area without having to meet them

Prime Power

I saw a few cows this past weekend out scouting and a few small bulls. Anyone having any luck in M11? It's really dry and the corn and sunflowers are few and far between, tough sledding out there.

Honkerslayr

I have a moose tag for M11 and am looking for tips on scouting. When it comes to deer it is easy to figure out, windy vs calm, morning vs afternoon vs evening, hot vs cold etc, but when it comes to looking for a moose i am really struggling. I have put on countless miles and only found 1, how do you scout for moose?
What type of tag do you have?

NodakBob

Honored Member
Flushed a cow and big calf while walking the dogs yesterday, north of Misty Waters Marina north of Bismarck...they disappeared into the corn.

spike8844

Live in the minot area. Got a m11 cow tag and a e2 cow tag. Lookin for a little help if anyone has seen any. Been knocking on doors but no one has seen anything this year apparently.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76