Shore fishing the Red River near Fargo

flemingr

I am new to the area and caught a couple nice catfish at one of the city parks then was informed by Fargo police I couldn't be there after 10 pm are there places to access the river where you can fish at night?

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
how dumb,, dont they got better things to worry about then a guy catching a catfish

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
how dumb,, dont they got better things to worry about then a guy catching a catfish

My guess that the park closing at 10 pm is to keep kids out of the park and not causing problems after dark. Less for the police to patrol. I'd bet fishing doesn't enter in their thinking.

flemingr

My guess that the park closing at 10 pm is to keep kids out of the park and not causing problems after dark. Less for the police to patrol. I'd bet fishing doesn't enter in their thinking.

Actually the police were there arresting a couple for drugs and I happened to walk up to my truck. They were very polite and informed me of the park closing time

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's the world we live in. Just because a few bad apples screwed shit up, no one can be there after 10 pm. ;:;banghead

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Maybe just ask the police? Or call the local warden for the info.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bike or walk any bike path that runs along the river. You will find THOUSANDS of spots to wet a line. Might I suggest you focus on any and all storm drains that empty into the river and then fish the inside current seam if there is water flowing into the river. Set a dead stick with cut bait for catfish and then fish a jig along the seam. LOTS of walleyes to be found in those areas. Just a thought. Good Luck!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77