Corner jumping court case.

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
So i own a home that sits on about 15k sq ft and a couple miles from the local airport............ do I own the air space from my lot boundries to outer space? Or the moon? I have tons of flyovers from the local airport, I may have a trespass case against all the airlines, wish I knew about the air space ownership baloney along time ago
Refer to post #25

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Since this is an issue over air space, one could argue that anytime you fly in an airplane over Wyoming, you are most likely trespassing.

You can fly a drone 1’ above the ground and you are not technically trespassing.

- - - Updated - - -

It would be interesting if someone rented a chopper to fly in and hunt these areas. Air rights have limitations. No case could be filed.

In WY you cannot hunt for 24-48 hours after flying into an area or scouting from the air.Of course they would have written a law like this to support outfitters. Most ranches fly their “cattle” now so they are able to get away with it.

- - - Updated - - -

So its not enough for ranchers and farmers to lock up their land, now they want to control access to public land?
No wonder there is conflict between hunters and land owners, the insanity just never stops. I hope the US govt aquires more land for public use
The Feds just bought a big ranch in WY and the hunting community was rejoicing. The landowners wanted the land to be protected from development so they sold to the Feds. But of course the governor submit s a petition to contest the sale of the land saying it would affect the local property taxes and says the sale should be reevaluated. There is only one reason he stuck his nose into this sale……..

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Federal law makes an exception for regular air travel. They need to do the same for this. Guess which party is likely to oppose such legislation. Hint... it begins with an R. Don't ask me why. But, whatever...

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
One side asserts common sense like "public land should be publicly accessible". The other side wants to keep land that they don't own or pay taxes on for their own personal use. I'm both a landowner and a hunter. I know which side I'm on...

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
They buy the surrounding land, the politicians, and the judge to keep the peasants away. Like George Carlin said; it's a big club, and you ain't in it.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe the government owning land isn't in our best interest

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder what Beth Dutton's stance on this is?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those Missouri boys would've had a trip to the train station if they were dealing with the Duttons.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe the government owning land isn't in our best interest

The government doesn't own land. Government agencies manage the land. You and I own the land.

I normally find your posts entertaining but this one is out there. I hope you are trolling. With no "government" lands, have fun ever accessing a lake or river again. And the national grasslands are better off privately enjoyed by a few high bidders. WPA's drained and plowed; so long duck numbers. This is one issue I am pretty hardcore on. I wish more hunters and fishermen took issues like this more seriously since there is always a war being waged on your hobby.

Last edited:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
The government doesn't own land. Government agencies manage the land. You and I own the land.

I normally find your posts entertaining but this one is out there. I hope you are trolling. With no "government" lands, have fun ever accessing a lake or river again. And the national grasslands are better off privately enjoyed by a few high bidders. WPA's drained and plowed; so long duck numbers. This is one issue I am pretty hardcore on. I wish more hunters and fishermen took issues like this more seriously since there is always a war being waged on your hobby.
Plus, I like the heads in SD

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member

Give that man a 1000 good reps.:;:thumbsup

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wyoming as a whole does not have section line row established or unestablished roads/trails for public access, atleast the areas I surveyed up there around Gillette/powder river basin. You may have access to blm,usda, section section 16 (school) or private owners land but unless you get permission from other owners to access that land via private roads you are not legally able to hunt that land you have permission to hunt. Also the company I worked for who was surveying for Enron Oil and Gas (EOG), EOG actually had to buy access to these sections we were surveying by providing the needed information as to how many people and vehicles we would be using on this privately owned road.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67