Corner jumping court case.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Since this is an issue over air space, one could argue that anytime you fly in an airplane over Wyoming, you are most likely trespassing.

The airlines are less than broke. If they want to make an issue of it, might as well go after deep pockets and charge a fee every time an Elon Musk Starlink satellite uses their airspace.

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
It would be interesting if someone rented a chopper to fly in and hunt these areas. Air rights have limitations. No case could be filed.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
onX Corner-Locked Report: The Impact and Ethics of Corner Crossing | onX (onxmaps.com)

Check the financial statements of some of the larger hunting organizations. They write big fat checks to the outfitter lobby in multiple states every year. I don't belong to any national organizations anymore. I send Wild Sheep Foundation a couple e-mails a year asking how writing checks to the Alaska guide lobby "put and keep wild sheep on the mountain." Never have received a response. Same with SCI.

Thanks for this link!!

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Since this is an issue over air space, one could argue that anytime you fly in an airplane over Wyoming, you are most likely trespassing.

Technically I think that that is true, just like flying over Pakistan to bomb Afghanistan is trespassing. However I believe the the US allows US planes to fly over ALL American territory at any time unless there is an FAA regulation prohibiting these overflights.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
This landowner deserves a good ass kicking.

- - - Updated - - -

And the judge for even entertaining this case

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
How in the" F" can you own air space? If I sell my home do I get air space in the price ? I don't think so. Fricken ridiculous. . .

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
It would be interesting if someone rented a chopper to fly in and hunt these areas. Air rights have limitations. No case could be filed.

There's a special-draw elk unit around Bozeman or Helena (I forget which) that is "landlocked". There was a thread on 24hrcampfire ~10yrs ago about 2 guys who hired a helicopter out of Bozeman to fly them in then fly them AND the elk out. There were lots of pics, they flew the 2 bulls out whole and dropped them into the back of a pickup parked as close as they could get on public land.

Even if one found the thread today I doubt the pics are there as that's back in the day when everyone was using photo bucket for free and lots of folks refused to pay for 'bucket when they changed from free to pay.

FishFinder97

★ Legendary Member
Public land needs to be publicly accessible or it's no longer public. Otherwise it just becomes a free playground for neighboring landowners.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member

My uncle has a friend with a big ranch in the Great Falls area who he said landlocks a bunch of public land and has had a group do this. Pisses him off to no end but that is great!

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i think "at least to an extent" and "plausible" give you some idea of how the judge feels about this case. it's technically a trespass under the letter of the law as it would be impossible to corner cross without a part of your person invading the unprotected airspace just above the ground if the same person owned both adjacent corners. having said that, assuming the judge or jury finds that they civilly trespassed, then what's the "relief" to be granted? in other words, what's the monetary damage to the adjacent landowner? answer... "not a fucking penny you whining cry baby bitch!"... legally speaking.

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
So its not enough for ranchers and farmers to lock up their land, now they want to control access to public land?
No wonder there is conflict between hunters and land owners, the insanity just never stops. I hope the US govt aquires more land for public use

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is nothing new. It's been going on for over a century. It's only just recently, with the advent of detailed mapping at your fingertips that it has become more obvious just how much "public" land is not available to the public.

Also, while I love the idea of public land just as much as the next hunter, I think we need to be careful about hoping that the ridiculously corrupt gov acquires anything.

Last edited:

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
IBH.jpg

dblkluk

★★★ Legendary Member
My uncle has a friend with a big ranch in the Great Falls area who he said landlocks a bunch of public land and has had a group do this. Pisses him off to no end but that is great!

Randy Newberg has an episode where he did this in up in the Crazies a few years back.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I should probably lend some of my vast experience and credibility to this debate/discussion.

It's amusing enough right now. I'd wait until the thread goes stale. Then hit'er with some vastness and credibility.

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
So i own a home that sits on about 15k sq ft and a couple miles from the local airport............ do I own the air space from my lot boundries to outer space? Or the moon? I have tons of flyovers from the local airport, I may have a trespass case against all the airlines, wish I knew about the air space ownership baloney along time ago

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 80