ND E-posting 2022

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hopefully down the road hunters and landowners will utilize the technology we have the way other states are using by allowing landowners to notify potential hunters that thier land is available to hunt for the reason of wildlife management.
Oh, they will. And it will be monetized. "My land is open to hunting....here is a link to my Venmo for access code."

- - - Updated - - -

There is already AirBNB type websites for hunting properties. Rent them for the weekend. Leasing.

Leaves a shit taste in my mouth, but private property rights, i guess.....

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
one thing a fella needs to be aware of in ND is if you accept a penny for access to your land, the protective liability shield written into the NDCC goes away and you best let your insurance carrier know you are now in that business.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Oh, they will. And it will be monetized. "My land is open to hunting....here is a link to my Venmo for access code."

- - - Updated - - -

There is already AirBNB type websites for hunting properties. Rent them for the weekend. Leasing.

Leaves a shit taste in my mouth, but private property rights, i guess.....
Yeah those sites are already active in WY. Want to hunt a field in WY for waterfowl around Torrington you better get on that app and pay for a weekend lease. Nothing comes free out in WY when it comes to private land!

- - - Updated - - -

The two major categories of federal public lands in Wyoming are:
BLM – 27,860 square miles; and
USFS – 14,460 square miles.
In addition, State lands total approximately 5,500 square miles and lands administered by the WGFD total approximately 800 square miles.
Or in another way to think is 18 million acres of public land
And another site actually has contact information with land owners who are looking for hunters to help wildlife management on thier land. There are actually areas in Wyoming for that very purpose of elk herd management areas all on public land. I get the part that it's not like you are going to walk in to an area without doing some scouting and research before hand, but to tell that the only good hunting land is owned by outfitters is just plain wrong. And Wyoming for that matter is just one state that has ample places to hunt big game. It all cost money and time but if that is what your passion is to hunt for the sake of putting meat on your table I don't think many will be picky at the end of the day especially if hunting opportunities in this state become restricted even more in the next decade.
Hopefully down the road hunters and landowners will utilize the technology we have the way other states are using by allowing landowners to notify potential hunters that thier land is available to hunt for the reason of wildlife management.
You clearly have no idea what is going on in WY. Of course there is a ton of public land to hunt on. The problem is many of those areas are either limited draw where not many people can get a tag or they are general areas that get overrun with an insane amount of hunters. The walk in areas are a big help out here too but they don’t come free. There are areas in the state where private landowners have exclusive access to public ground and areas that their “cattle feed” happens to congregate every elk on the mountain into their private land.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 55