.22 LR Accuracy

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has anyone experienced more flyers or larger groups with a new batch of go-to ammo? My standard for the cheap Marlin is a .30 cal hole at 50yds now struggle to get a "dime". Thinking of running a brush and patch through the barrel (once--nylon brush--Micro Groove rifling) but don't want to worsen the situation.

Thoughts?

snow2

★★★ Legendary Member
Interesting video sv,man what a sweet,quiet plinker.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I especially enjoyed it's intended purpose.

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt the IDF shot kids.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have a Marln 22 mag that I can shoot fly's at 25 yards with. Proof was little rings of blood around the bullet holes on a white paint bucket lid.

snow2

★★★ Legendary Member
I have a Marln 22 mag that I can shoot fly's at 25 yards with. Proof was little rings of blood around the bullet holes on a white paint bucket lid.

LOL LB, good enough for me,say you weren't swillin beer that day were ya?

snow2

★★★ Legendary Member
have not swilled a beer in about 10 years not saying i would not like too. lb

I'm in the same boat LB,been years here too,won't lie on a hot summer day,I sure miss a cold one now and then.but standing steady.

One heck of a fly eliminater LB ,.22LR.... true sign of being a "red neck" I like it.,shootin flies on a white bucket.hell I would need the scope to see the bucket.

Last edited:

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
LB sounds like fun to me. My hunting buddy is a swat sniper. Bow hunting we both had our custom 308 Wins in camp. I have more apples than I know what to do with so we impaled apples on the teeth of an old dump rake in the vacant yard we camped in. There was an old white refrigerator standing behind the rake and flies were crawling on it. As we shot apples we were spraying the old fridge with apple sauce. The fridge was setting at 103 yards and although flies are not exactly big game they were more than the two of us could pass up. We burned up a couple dozen rounds each in the next hour. Yes some flies died. We took turns shooting and spotting. On 60X it was fly one moment and hole the next. Sometimes a leg or two remained behind. We tried repeating it the following year, but their was either no flies or they didn't like my apples.

I reset the trigger on that rifle yesterday. I didn't think it a good idea walking with a rifle with an 11 ounce trigger. It tool me two hours to get it like I liked it which was smooth at 2 lb 12 Oz. It had a little rough spot when I increased the sear engagement so I had to cut a very narrow strip od 2000 grit Emory to slide through the small trigger hole and pull out as the bolt drop put slight pressure on the sear. After a dozen passes the little gritty spot was gone.

Last edited:

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Bug zapper, swarm of moths, case of beer on ice and a few friends in lawn chairs======= dont get much better. LB

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
I broke out my marlin 22 auto tube feed, hadn't had it out in a long long time, 17 shots without reloading pure death on squirrels during squirrel season of course.

Last edited:

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bug zapper, swarm of moths, case of beer on ice and a few friends in lawn chairs======= dont get much better. LB

:;:thumbsup Try a Bug Asault. The grandkids love them. A teaspoon of salt gives dozens of shots. Wasps are tough you have to be about 18 inches from the. They don't like those salt grains penetrating them.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes the cheap price ammo is bad need to find match or better grade good luck. Thank god I stocked up many years ago, brother in law taught shooting class he could buy ammo for all the guns for target practice and competition and I have a shit load, for many calibers.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have some match stored away. In the past CCI standard grouped just as well in the same POI. What's your opinion of a bore brushing?

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been shooting lots of 22lr CCI standard velocity I like it and it groups nicely. For the price this is a great ammo.
Clean the gun if the groups are not any better I will buy all the standard velocity you have.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 55